Silly question

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    I have looked through my manual several times to find the answer but it doesnt work

Im trying to turn off my ''runflat'' light. Came on after bmw but all new tyres and wheels on and i cant manage to get it to turn off..

How is it done?

Thanks!
    Last edited by T5LLC; 4th March 2010 at 06:53 PM.
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Leanne :) xo

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    is there no the wee button where is it on the 1st gen..next the the handbrake?

just a guess though lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    You have to go into the trip menu, and go down to when it says reset. If you hit that, then drive at a steady speed for a small distance, it will reset the light for you.

Don't do what I did and think...stupid computer, I know I don't have a punction, then discover a week later I do....DOH! Although you've said you have just got new tyres!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    You have to go into the trip menu, and go down to when it says reset. If you hit that, then drive at a steady speed for a small distance, it will reset the light for you.
    Aw ok thanks will give it a go, kind of tried that but ok lol
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Hmm still not working :(! i know im blonde but cant be that hard.. can it?
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Car
    F56 Cooper
    hmmmm, mine just turned off after I did that. Possibly a fault with the trip, in which case will mean another "trip" sorry, horrendous pun, to get it looked at!

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    hmmmm, mine just turned off after I did that. Possibly a fault with the trip, in which case will mean another "trip" sorry, horrendous pun, to get it looked at!
    Ive just not long put my dumpvalve back on so would need to take it off.. damn lol!
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Its on page 62 on my Manual. I had to do it coming back from the Dealers as they had given me a new tyre and alloy when I found out that one wheel was odd and a recondition job when i got my car home.

1. start the engine but do not drive off
    2.briefly press button on the indicator lever repeatedly until you see "set info"
    3.keep the button pressed till the display changes. (Press button and keep it pressed till display changes.)
    4.briefly press button repeatedly untill the Runflat tyre symbol and reset appear.
    5.Press button and keep it pressed till display changes.
    6. Drive off (Initialisation when the car is on the move without any feedback) Ie ( take a short drive)
    Last edited by Stewart; 4th March 2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by T5LLC View Post
    Ive just not long put my dumpvalve back on so would need to take it off.. damn lol!
    How is that btw? I've always been temped, but gonna wait until its out of warranty in May!