Clutch

Steve74
    Just a quick question - has anyone experienced the clutch travel changing in the first 6000 miles? I don't have any slip but there seems to be have some wear making the pedal bite point move close to the top.

Monsta Mo Mini
    Steve - I had a spot of clutch trouble a while back which resulted in the clutch being replaced.The bite point moved closer to the top then it started slipping.

Steve74
    Did the warranty cover it?

Monsta Mo Mini
    Yup! Took a bit of persuasion though. Put it in and told them about my concerns...they said there was nothing wrong with it. I had to take the service manager out for a run and a few hill starts before he believed me. No problems since then though!

Steve74
    They can be difficult can't they! I noticed the clutch bite moved up towards the top of the travel but it's not had any burn-out type use. I'll give Dunedin a call and see if I can book it in. Cheers for the help!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Old mechanics trick, apply hand brake, firmly :evil: select 2nd gear, attempt to drive off, if car stalls then the clutch is in reasonable shape, if the car shows any sign of drive then the clutch is in a poor state.

Obviously only attempt this in a controlled manner with no cars in front

Do not repeatedly try this as you may end up causing more damage than already exisits

Steve74
    Will try that when it's less wet! BMW told me it might just have settled and automatically adjusts but they'll have a look Tuesday - nice guys at Dunedin.