****pit Display lighting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Watson
    Hey Hey..

Can you change the orange lighting on the ****pit dash panel and speedo....I have looked at other sites but not seeing a kit/mod for this (i know it's not a fitted function like the mood lighting) ??? Any ideas

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    I love how it censors ****pit!

Watson
    I know it got me let's do it again ****pit

LightningStevie
    hahaha that's brilliant!

And I'm sure it can be done as I have seen pics somewhere in my search of MINI's where someone had blue backlighting. I know in the old smart, it was a matter of taking the dials out, and replacing the LED's to the choosen colour. On the new smart, it was do-able, but only with a soldering iron.

I wouldnt trust you with a soldering iron Vaughan! lol

Watson
    Cheeky Biatch! Ok have searched the American forums (dont ask me why) and yes Stevie you are right...it's an L.E.D change to my ****pit so anyone know any one that does this? and dare i ask how much it costs!!

Forbes
    Simon at EssentialMini does it. Costs around £100, plus his travel expenses.

Gismo had it done on his MINI

Watson
    wow that was an easy one to sort out lol and not a bad price....thinking of getting it done for the hubby's birthday.....will pm Gismo/Simon ...cheers
    Last edited by Watson; 26th February 2010 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 0004BES View Post
    Simon at EssentialMini does it. Costs around £100, plus his travel expenses.

Gismo had it done on his MINI

e'hh more like £400 plus travel for a R56.
    Cooper Coupe...

Watson
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I do apoligise, I was meaning for the R50. Never realised it was so different for the R56. Is it alot more work then?