rust !on rear wing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    philip
    I have found some what looks to me some rust spots bubbleing up from under the paint theres no stone chips or dents scratches ,a can just find two small pointy bubbles on the drivers side rear wing has anyone had this problem before and do you think i will be coverd under a warrenty?

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Depends on the age of your car. Sure its 6 years paint warranty.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    I read your other post and it says you have an 06 plate cooper S that you just bought in November I don't know much about cars but I should think this would be covered someone should be along soon who can help you

philip
    cheers guys its ma first newish car lol just geting used to all this warrenty stuff they all ready said that a needed a new clutch plate that wasnt covered and had to pay lol not fun

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    RUST!!!! on an 06 plate

Sumfin not right here ....................... MINI's from new are fully galvanised (etc etc) which 'should' prevent this

What's the process at the factory folks, anyone remember the chain of events ??

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    It may have had accident repair done to it in the past and perhaps not sealed in right. This often causes rust to pop through early.
    Best way to check if a car has been painted is to put a paint thickness guage machine on it.

Where abouts are you. I might be able to help.

baptie
    I have three on drivers side, one on door and two on rear quarter.
    I never knew there was a 6 year paint warranty.......even though its a used car?

philip
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    It may have had accident repair done to it in the past and perhaps not sealed in right. This often causes rust to pop through early.
    Best way to check if a car has been painted is to put a paint thickness guage machine on it.

Where abouts are you. I might be able to help.
    Im in dumbarton that would be great ,but if it had accident damage can bmw still sell the mini as a cherished one or does that not count?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    that depends if it has gone thro an insh or just been done bye some back street place and then mini would never know as i have had my car paintid but bmw would never know as i would not tell them !!!! it was due to stone chips rusting spots in the main
    New sig coming soon

philip
    good news i do have a 6 year rust warranty and its going in to get fixed at easter and get the boot plinth fitted too ,the newer minis are 12 year rust warrety just to let you know a found that out lol