Alloy wheel bolts.

norrie
    Hi there,

Not long joined and going to order a new Mini this week.
    I just picked up a new set of alloys for the car today and wondered if I needed new bolts or not as the car is coming with steel wheels.
    If I do need new bolts where is the best place to get them and I could also do with a set of lockers.

Cheers.

Norrie.

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by norrie View Post
    Hi there,

Not long joined and going to order a new Mini this week.
    I just picked up a new set of alloys for the car today and wondered if I needed new bolts or not as the car is coming with steel wheels.
    If I do need new bolts where is the best place to get them and I could also do with a set of lockers.

Cheers.

Norrie.
    Welcome. Not unless you have to run spacers.

I still run the oem bolts on aftermarket alloys

norrie
    No spacers.
    It's the Flame Spoke wheels I got today.

Norrie.

The Dogfather
    I'd check that the bolts with steel wheels are the same length as the ones you would use with alloys.

Alloy wheels tend to be thicker than steel wheels so there could be a difference, mind you Ben (0004BES) has run his car with steel wheels so he might be on the money.

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    I'd check that the bolts with steel wheels are the same length as the ones you would use with alloys.

Alloy wheels tend to be thicker than steel wheels so there could be a difference, mind you Ben (0004BES) has run his car with steel wheels so he might be on the money.
    I believe that they are all the same from MINI, can't see them bothering with different bolts. And yes I have had a few sets on my motor including steels

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by norrie View Post
    car is coming with steel wheels.
    Are they for sale and what size?

norrie
    Never really thought about it.
    There 15" just the standard ones that come with the car.

Norrie.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    The Gen 1 MINI's used bolts @ 1.5 length

Gen 2 used 1.25 length but i dont think .25 of a difference is really that much but i think they updated the bolts to the 1.25 for all MINIs now.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I used the bolts that came with our steel wheel shod mini when I put the OEM alloys on 7 years ago and they're just fine Don't think the steel wheels come with security bolts tho so you will have to buy a set of them
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

norrie
    Yeah spoke to the dealer today and he confirmed that the standard bolts will be fine.
    I just need to get a set of locking bolts now.

Norrie.