Number plate lamp..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AlanJRobson
    On my 06 cooper s works.

I took the covers off to replace the OEM bulbs with new LED's, the left hand bulb and connector was fine but the right hand connector and bulb were corroded really badly, so after cleaning out the connection and trying the new LED bulb in, the connector seems to have given up!!

I've spoke to parks mini in hamilton about it, but tbh i didnt really get anywhere when i asked if the connector would be covered under the warranty, im not too bothered if it is but just wondering if its easy enough to replace because if it is, i'll do it myself.

Cheers,

AJR.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    It won't be covered under Warranty as they don't cover corrosion under the warranty... They may cover it under "Goodwill" tho....

Bitter? not me....

AlanJRobson
    Ah that clears that up then..

I do remember the conversation we had when you were saying about the amount of hassle you've had with previous cars so you've a right to be bitter mate LOL.

Corrosion is a funny thing as a mate of mine had some rust on the door of his 56 plate cooper repaired under warranty at parks?

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    rust on the body work is coverd just not the light bits as for a fix it a whole new boot handle im affraid as i had the same prob i got one off ebay for £10 posted
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Unfortunately Alan, its the whole handle im afraid.

The water seems to find a way into the gasket and work its way into the electrical system and causing corrosion.

Its a major problem and even continues on to the 3 series and 5 series BMW models aswell which are also replaced.

I dont think its a warranty issue unless dependent on dealer/age of car, then goodwill might be the next best thing, but again, dependent on dealer.

AlanJRobson
    Ah right!!

Thanks for the info/help guys.

David,

How much does the handle cost?

Also can i remove the plinth as its obviously sprayed gray to match the car and fit it to the new handle?

Cheers,

AJR.
    Last edited by AlanJRobson; 21st February 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanJRobson View Post
    Ah right!!

Thanks for the info/help guys.

David,

How much does the handle cost?

Also can i remove the plinth as its obviously sprayed gray to match the car and fit it to the new handle?

Cheers,

AJR.

nope its a sealed unit im afaid only cost about £20 to get it sprayed tho
    New sig coming soon

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Brand new from myself primed will cost: £59.10 inc vat and discount.

Also,

I have one in stock that has been painted yellow going for 75% off retail

AlanJRobson
    Ideal mate.

I'll give you an email tomo.

Cheers,

AJR.