Keyless Defrosting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Just realised you can defrost the car without the key docked into the dash, which then means you can lock it and go back inside until its toasty!

Dock your key, start engine, stop engine, remove key, start engine again.... walk away and lock

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Forbes
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Just realised you can defrost the car without the key docked into the dash, which then means you can lock it and go back inside until its toasty!

Dock your key, start engine, stop engine, remove key, start engine again.... walk away and lock
    Shut up...

Car
    R58 2012 JCW Coupe
    Is that not if you have keyless entry/start stop ?
    eTune'd Mini JCW Coupe

Leanne :) xo

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by T5-Leanne-LLC View Post
    Is that not if you have keyless entry/start stop ?
    Nope. William and Brian (his dad) told me about this at the last meet they were at.. Very cool feature, although don't let the eco mentalist catch you at it.... Is it not now an offence to leave your car ticking over for a longish period of time?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    in fact HERE is an article about it...

That's pretty cool, I've just been starting the car and pulling the metal key out of the fob and locking the car manually before going inside for some brekkie

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Nope. William and Brian (his dad) told me about this at the last meet they were at.. Very cool feature, although don't let the eco mentalist catch you at it.... Is it not now an offence to leave your car ticking over for a longish period of time?

I has always been an offence to walk away and leave your car unattended with the engine running, unattended being the opprative word. However I am sure you were probably aware of this.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Well the Mini is frosted solid but at 7:30 the focus starts its Aircon and switches on both the front window and rear window defrost and the heater without the engine running using minimum fuel. Auto defrost!

So you go out and the cars totally clear, warm inside and ready to go and you’ve not even left the house to do it. Plus it pisses off the neighbours.

Wish Mini were not so tight with there equipment. But thats a neat wee trick all the same to lock the door.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Even an offense on private property?

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

no need for this when you have a husband and a garage. Husband walks round to garage gets the car brings it round waits till it's all nice and warm, I go out jump in to the drivers side and drive
    Cooper Coupe...