Ladies only thread

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
    So come on then how many of us are there.

There has got to be a few of us on here surrounded by all of these guys who love talking cars or computer games or gadgets TV's etc etc. Don't get me wrong I enjoy talking about those things but sometimes it would be great to share gossip, talk shoes, Nails etc etc.

Got my gels on last week with a french manicure got to say I'm loving them.

Oh Gerard Butler he does for me.

Last edited by Scottie; 12th February 2010 at 11:48 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Going out tomorrow night wish I had got my nails done just spent the best part of an hour with the nail polish and they still look shocking Time to take it off and start again I think don't know about you but I am terrible at this.

Have you had the gel nails before? Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would

Have you had the gel nails before?YES

Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day NO

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably I love shoe shopping Think Shoes or Rusell and Bromley

Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would
    Last edited by Scottie; 13th February 2010 at 01:05 AM.
    Cooper Coupe...

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    He's quite tasty

Nails - suffer from serious neglect in this household. What meagre attention they received has plummeted due to eleven year old swiping files and stuff from my dressing table. Pointless nicking them back because they just vanish again. Have had gels. Liked them fine but left my nails in a bit of a sotter. Acryllics were fun LOL felt like boulders had been attached to my fingers. Ended up picking them off after a week.

Shoes - love shoes. Majority of mine are ART ones. Pricey but good quality and lots of funky colours and designs. Every now and then take a tig for smart black shoes but somehow or other they always end up at the back of the cupboard. Shoe designs range from pink cowskin to my conservative bright red/black ones that look like I'm wearing red sandals with black socks. Very rarely wear heels though I can mind tearing up the High St in Elgin in six inchers at a rate of knots feart to be late for work because in those days wards were ruled by tyrants Have noted a tendency in the office to consider my conservative red/black ones as 'wild' so not yet got round to exposing them to the pink cowskin. One day..........

Shoe fettish only exceeded by fettish for sweaters. Last year my nieces inherited 80 garments some barely worn and noticing that another clearout is about due. I thought my taste in sweaters was varied but from the reports of 'Sheila sweaters' in whatever shops colleagues have been into seems my preference is for bold and wild stripes.

I have no frocks/skirts. I think I last wore a frock in 1996 when I was skinny. Before that was about in 1989 when Nikolas was Christened, before that 1982 when Darren was Christened, 1980 when Kris was ........ and 1978 when Danni was .......... and poor Catriona, she'd to put up with her mother wearing breeks. I refused to graduate in a skirt and got a pair of tartan breeks made specially for the occasion. They raised a few eyebrows but didn't care. I did wear a frock when I got married though but wore white jeans underneath in protest. Skirts were designed by men as a means of controlling women by restricting their movements and physical freedom. But on saying that I think that young slender women look very smart in frocks and stuff but whenever I see youngsters with too much flesh hanging out it makes me squirm for surely they didn't look in the mirror before they left the house.

I don't like being tied to the kitchen sink and stuff like that tho. Haven't done any cooking for about two and half years and occasionally do the dishes out of the kindness of my heart. On other hand Munro hasn't ironed for about ten years and avoids the iron with the same passion as I avoid the cooker and I think he thinks the loo is self-cleaning so the chores are shared out (have to add that coz the mannies will gasp in horror at thought of somebody having a slattern for a wife ).

Haven't done anything for Valentine's Day for years. Can't make up my mind if I buy into the school that says its just a con for florists and manufacturers to sell us overpriced stuff we don't need or if its just a day to encourage folk to be nicer to each other. Suppose depends on what kind of mood I waken up in on Sunday

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by audrey View Post
    Going out tomorrow night wish I had got my nails done just spent the best part of an hour with the nail polish and they still look shocking Time to take it off and start again I think don't know about you but I am terrible at this.

Have you had the gel nails before? Is your hubby taking you somewhere nice for valentines day

As if the stress of the naills isn't bad enough been searching the shops for something to wear.Don't get me wrong love shopping just hate when I leave it until the last minute. Took my shoes I was gonna wear out earlier and they don't look too pretty few too many the last time I wore them probably Oh and Gerard Butler Yep I definately would

Is it not the case though that the shops are always full of what you want when your skint and nothing to be seen when the purse is full ?

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

I've only worn a frock on two occasions once getting married and once for a works dance. I wore a skirt to work everyday right up until about 90/91 with a nice pair of court shoes. OMG I would never go out to work like that these days. Ain't it great how there is always that pair of shoes at the back of the cupboard that you love come across them and think not worn them for a while put them on you get half way through the shopping centre your feet start to hurt and you think why the hell did I put these dam shoes on so back in the cupboard they go until next time.

Talking about a clothes fettish well my little secret is I have a sock fettish I have so many pairs it's a family joke but great at Christmas . They range from a pair out of Next to paying £30 for a Johnston of Elgin cashmere ones. Handy that I have a Scottie dog as people seem to buy me socks with Scotties on them. I take more time in the morning deciding what socks I will put on than I do what trousers to wear.
    Cooper Coupe...

The gels can be a bugger when your nail breaks and you have to take them off and can leave the nails in a mess. I find as long as I do not let my nails get to long I can get away with it. The older you get the harder the nails get the better the gel takes to the nail and are great for covering those ridges.

I like them filed to flat end shape and not rounded.

Mind you they are not cheap £36 for the gels and £27 every 4/5 weeks to maintain

Acrylics I can't get on with.
    Cooper Coupe...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I wonder how many men are looking into this thread

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    Yep and thinking boring ::):
    New sig coming soon

camjay
    I have only got one thing to say to the ladies on this thread. HE IS MINE! Simples.