Strange uneven tyre wear

lightbody
    Now that my tyres are down to just barely legal, I noticed that they have worn unevenly.

The INSIDE 15% of the drivers one is smooth as is the OUTSIDE 15% of the passengers one.

I've never seen that before... normally if alignment is out or something then both outsides or both insides would be worn...

Could it date back to when i had the left-pull (which went unfixed for about 9000 miles)?

Should I book it into the dealers to have a look at?

- Rob

3GGG
    quote:Originally posted by lightbody

Now that my tyres are down to just barely legal, I noticed that they have worn unevenly.

The INSIDE 15% of the drivers one is smooth as is the OUTSIDE 15% of the passengers one.

I've never seen that before... normally if alignment is out or something then both outsides or both insides would be worn...

Could it date back to when i had the left-pull (which went unfixed for about 9000 miles)?

- Rob
    Been going round right handers (roundabouts ?) too fast Rob

Sponsor & Jakey
    Unless, as 3GGG suggests, you spend most of your driving days taking sharp right turns your tyre wear pattern does seem a little odd Rob
    Could be related to the left pull scenario but I think I'd mention it to the dealer, just in case.
    Occasional MINI driver....... but mostly Uma Thurman ;0)

lightbody
    actually... when you think of it... all roundabouts are right turns... and i do tend to take them rather fast... exceptionally fast... sideways...

Maybe thats it...

3GGG

actually... when you think of it... all roundabouts are right turns... and i do tend to take them rather fast... exceptionally fast... sideways...

Maybe thats it...
    You have usually also got to take a left off the roundabout as well!

:clown:

Wouldn't do any harm to get it checked out though.

Woz
    quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

Maybe thats it...
    You have usually also got to take a left off the roundabout as well!

:clown:

Wouldn't do any harm to get it checked out though.
    No, much more fun just going round and round while getting faster and faster