Carbon fibre vinyl

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    GCA3N
    Ok so my 3m di-noc carbon fibre arrived today as I have a few plans without spending a small fortune. This stuff is supposed to be the best and has only recently come down from £60 a meter to £40 a meter. Anyway I bought 1m square to see how it was.

The first this I would say is the stuff is amazing and well worth the money. What I would say is you need the patience of a saint and at least 4 hands, in other words a very patient wife too.

I firstly got the cap and cleaned it using glue/tar remover, then washed it to ensure no residue was left.

After that it was just a matter of getting the stuff on. One hour later and remarkably no swearing.

Once complete put the first one on the car to see how it looks.

Really, really happy with the overall look, i really looks and feels amazing. I have read somewhere you can lacquer it too.

Once I talk Kim into it will have a go and the second.

The Dogfather
    I'm thinking of doing the TT's roof in this

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    That looks pretty Greig. How easy/difficult was it to wrap round the cover without getting any wrinkles in it Did you need the hair drier Looks good tho
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    That looks pretty Greig. How easy/difficult was it to wrap round the cover without getting any wrinkles in it Did you need the hair drier Looks good tho
    Yup hair drier, 4 hands and patience. The stuff stretches as you heat it. Defo not easy but just take your time. If you have someone else to help you, sorry you will need someone else to help you, this is not possible as a one person job, or atleast it's not doing the mirror caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    I'm thinking of doing the TT's roof in this
    Cool. that will set you back a bit, i think for the roof sized stuff you'll be looking at £100-£150. Going to try the light rings and maybe one or two internals, need to be careful and not go OTT i know what i'm like (remembering my cooper, as Rob says lol)
    Last edited by GCA3N; 3rd February 2010 at 04:15 PM.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Cost effective headlight ring conversion!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by JC Parts Dept View Post
    Cost effective headlight ring conversion!

Oh yes. I'd love the genuine stuff but it's so expensive.

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    Greig, what website did you get it off, i might invest for the roof

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    That looks really good Greig.
    I would really like to do the roof of my MINI. Wonder how many folk it would take to do the roof?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Very well done I always like reading the Mod stuff, I think it looks smart with your black wheels.

Light rings and is the bonnet scoop next I bet.

Not too sure about all this Roof talk, think thats stretching it a bit, no pun intended. Would that not just look naf on such a big scale.
    Last edited by Stewart; 3rd February 2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!