For The Black Car/Roof Owners

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Bloody Hell, Wul, I feel so inadequate (again). I thought I was doing well to give it a good wash every week........now it's up and down, no swirls, Lambswool Mitts.....Microfibre towels!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Look car, I'm REALLY SORRY....... I don't suppose the Optimax makes up for it?

Right Wul, now my bloody car's gone in the huff - it's all your fault!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

garywatt
    Hi all

Received an order today for NXT Generation Tech Wax :)

Quite a few products that I would like but it's pretty expensive. Chose this to get started so see how it goes. I should have really purchased one of the mits but will do that the next time.

If the rain keeps off I'll be applying at the weekend........so if anyone sees me going around........give me black roof the once over

Thanks all for the comments.

Cheers

Gary

garywatt
    Hi all

Gave the roof a going over yesterday between the showers.

Stuff went on and polished off great. Looking from the bedroom window, it's pretty well beaded. Will probably have a go with another layer before the ******* seagulls appear for a tapdance.

Cheers

Gary

Oh I need to get mesel some o that, I have been wonerdering where these scratches have come from.

Thanx Wul
    SO FAR, SO GOOD, SO WHAT ??

Fontal
    quote:Originally posted by garywatt

Hi all

great muckle gull
    Is there a bit of Shelty in you there:question:

garywatt
    Hi all

Gave the roof another application at the weekend and it's great

Even after the thunderstorms on Sunday and all that rain......water beaded and not a mark on the roof at all after it dried up.

I was right about the birds though........caught a Starling sitting on the roof near the windscreen.....low and behold.....bit sh*t down the front :(

Wul, does your expertise (obsession) run to soft tops? That's the one thing that worries me about having bought this convertible. The state the back end of the hood will get, in the winter. Any tips for me, apart from don't buy a convertible?

Wul
    Weefossy - sorry but i'm clueless on the old soft top front - a few of the guys on here have had them in the past i'm sure and will no doubt impart their expertise to you!

or you can post here and you'll get plenty of answers: http://shop.meguiars.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php