2010 car launches have started...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    It's lining up to be an awesome season again. Lots of changes to cars, lots of new driver lineups, and loads of new teams, though we'll need to wait to see how many turn up. Can't wait!
    Ditto
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Are they gonna have the daft looking frisbee's again this year. I love being able to see the rims!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Are they gonna have the daft looking frisbee's again this year. I love being able to see the rims!
    They've been banned, so the rims are on full display again!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    They've been banned, so the rims are on full display again!
    Get in! This is gonna sound totally daft, but when I was a kid, like 9 or 10, I used to love seeing the cars coming in for pit stops, taking off the old rims all manky, and going out with super shinney new ones. Think thats possibly where my clean car obsession started!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Get in! This is gonna sound totally daft, but when I was a kid, like 9 or 10, I used to love seeing the cars coming in for pit stops, taking off the old rims all manky, and going out with super shinney new ones. Think thats possibly where my clean car obsession started!
    I'm hoping for some glowing brakes action in the night races ;-) Love that at Le Mans!

If anyone is interested, live timings on this dutch site - De La Rosa in the Sauber is fastest. Took Schumacher 5 laps to beat Rosbergs time. You need to refresh it to update.
    http://www.f1today.nl/live-update/20...at-valenciana/

Quote Originally Posted by Knox18 View Post
    booked to go to monaco this year for the GP...
    You jammy git something I've always wanted to do.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed what I noticed? ....and that is a couple of the cars appear to have something that ressembles L.E.Ds in the point of the nose cone!!! so I am assuming it must be lighting of some sort for either when its raining or for the races in Singapore or Abu-Dhabi when its dark (just so the cars in front can see that a car is behind them etc.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Is it just me or has anyone else noticed what I noticed? ....and that is a couple of the cars appear to have something that ressembles L.E.Ds in the point of the nose cone!!! so I am assuming it must be lighting of some sort for either when its raining or for the races in Singapore or Abu-Dhabi when its dark (just so the cars in front can see that a car is behind them etc.
    Which cars? I have to admit I've not seen that.

Which cars? I have to admit I've not seen that.
    http://www.formula1.com/gallery/testing/2010/480.html

look at the close ups of the Merc and the Ferrari...

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    http://www.formula1.com/gallery/testing/2010/480.html

look at the close ups of the Merc and the Ferrari...
    Ah, I don't think that's LEDs - a lot of the teams have air vents built into the nose to cool the drivers down so I suspect that's what they are.