Wheel brake dust again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    as catherine tate would say.... am I bothered?

if you have the time to look back at old threads and pick holes in everything someone tells you ken, then you have time to clean your wheels properly and regularly and not have this problem.

and as I said, it normally works ok for tar, but not brake dust. Thats what wheel cleaner is for...

you also mentioned in that old thread that you "presumed it was brake dust", but it sounds more like tar...
    Go on, just admit it

Seriously, thanks for the advice. Will check out my hut - pretty sure I have some AG wheel cleaner out there.

Today's cr*p weather put a stop to my plans

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post

Poorboys is the stuff to have, I used to wax them and thought it was good, but this stuff is just brilliant. It did take an hour to the alloys in the first place though.
    Thanks to those who suggested this. Once I get these bits removed, I'll put a few layers of this on.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Weather must be bad out Edin way - I managed to wash my dad's car and 2 of my neighbours today.... had to draw the line at one of my neighbours driving his van in front of my house.

Happy to help Ken - mind no returns...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Weather must be bad out Edin way - I managed to wash my dad's car and 2 of my neighbours today.... had to draw the line at one of my neighbours driving his van in front of my house.

Happy to help Ken - mind no returns...
    rained here today damp and yuck
    Cooper Coupe...

Resident old yin.
    Thanks for the advice.

Have ordered some Bilberry wheel cleaner and Poorboy's wheel sealant from Clean Your Car.

Resident old yin.
    I spent an hour today with my Bilberry wheel cleaner, tar remover and clay bar removing the baked on brake dust from my front wheels. Pretty much got all of it off, will have a final go tomorrow before applying the Poorboy's Wheel Sealant.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I take it you were removing them.
    I came across this, might get the guy to do my wheels for the summer as hes local to me.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...58#post1995658
    Last edited by Stewart; 14th February 2010 at 06:05 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    I take it you were removing them.
    No, that was just trying to remove the brake dust from the front surface!

Never had this problem before, I do not brake hard either!

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Wow, that steam cleaner looks amazing. Even after going to town on my wheels, I still get left with little bits of baked on dust, so think im gonna have to get a clay bar to them, but wait until summer, as i cant be hooped in this cold weather!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Wow, that steam cleaner looks amazing. Even after going to town on my wheels, I still get left with little bits of baked on dust, so think im gonna have to get a clay bar to them, but wait until summer, as i cant be hooped in this cold weather!
    It is VERY hard work on the old fingers!