Tell me something interesting about yourself!!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Ok, here it is, the thread which in inevitable in every forum in the world!!!

Tell us something true and interesting about yourself.

I'll start off with.....

I am a big collector of Movie Props and Replicas.
    I currently have a room full of replica props, mainly from Lord of the Rings, which also includes various other replicas, from films like robocop, Men n Black and also some Hero Screen Used items from i,Robot.
    I also build my own replica movie / game props.

And yes i am a Geek!!!
    Sometimes, i like to sit on the floor, pull my knees up to my chest, wrap my arms around my legs and tuck my head in.

Why?.......Because that's how i roll.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    By the age of ten I had read almost all the classics, my favourite at that time being Jane Eyre which I read three times in English, once in French and once completely from back to front. I have always loved books and writing. I wrote my first book when I was in Primary 5 about fish, I mean of all things I thought of to write about My mum was immensely proud of my handwritten book ! I wrote my one and only proper book, historical research, in 1996. It was published with lottery funding and a donation from Christopher Forbes (House of Forbes). It enjoyed modest sales amongst local history geeks with some copies finding their way to all four corners of the globe. Sadly the last remaiing copies perished when the book shop in Fraserburgh burned down two years ago. LOL This of course might mean that the handful of copies I kept for the kids (its their inheritance ) may one day become priceless first editions
    On reflection this is not interesting, just plain weird

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    By the age of ten I had read almost all the classics, my favourite at that time being Jane Eyre which I read three times in English, once in French and once completely from back to front. I have always loved books and writing. I wrote my first book when I was in Primary 5 about fish, I mean of all things I thought of to write about My mum was immensely proud of my handwritten book ! I wrote my one and only proper book, historical research, in 1996. It was published with lottery funding and a donation from Christopher Forbes (House of Forbes). It enjoyed modest sales amongst local history geeks with some copies finding their way to all

four corners of the globe. Sadly the last remaiing copies perished when the book shop in Fraserburgh burned down two years ago. LOL This of course might mean that the handful of copies I kept for the kids (its their inheritance ) may one day become priceless first editions
    On reflection this is not interesting, just plain weird

Now that's interesting. Gonna have to give this alot of thought.

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Now that's interesting. Gonna have to give this alot of thought.
    God i know..dont want to sound boring compared to that

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    By the age of ten I had ....................... may one day become priceless first editions.
    Holy sh!t Shielz, you're a dark horse. Talk about bringing a topic to a quick close. How are any of us supposed to top that!?!?

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    OK. I'll try anyway. Despite Shielz's incredible story.

Well, I would have said that I am a huge fan of Lee Child's ex Military Police investigator Jack reacher novels. The first forum i got addicted to (before I discovered NMS) was on his own web site at www.leechild.com From the friendships developed on there I created Lee's first unofficial web site www.reachercreatures.com. That site ran from 2001 to about 2 weeks ago. However, no point in telling you all that as I just sold the site to Lee's USA based brand manager as she can make waaaay better use of it than I can, and I just don't have the time to keep it updated these days. However, web design is still a basic interest.

Erm.... wot else? Spoke at a conference in London last year on Independent Cinema's. A bit nerve racking speaking in front of my colleagues in the industry, but got a huge buzz. And I'm back speaking again in February, this time about 3D.

Good lord this is difficult. Thanks Shielz.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Ooo[s! Sorry, Err! Can I make amends by offering for free a complete set of the Acts of the Scottish Parliament from the Reign of Robert I (the Bruce) that are taking up a lot of loft space. They make quite interesting reading

seriously I thought my one was geeky in a very old fashioned way, and dead boring to boot.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    In 1984 (I think) I won a competition on top gear for guessing the rally drivers. I got given a top gear jacket as a prize. I threw it out a few years ago ...... Think it might have been worth a few bob now. ...

GCA3N
    Sheilz you have set a high bar, but after Craig's entry feel I can give it a go...LOL, sorry Craig. Thought I would do 2, in 1992 I won the apprentice of the year form all the power companies in Scotland(around 200 apprentices) They sent me to Germany for 2 weeks to represent Scottish Nuclear, was dead proud.

In 1989 I ran 4 marathons in one year, and along with 2 other guys won the great Britain cross country hiking championships, In my fitter days, very fitter days. Ok I've bummed myself enough someone else's shot.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    In 1996 I was awarded Scottish Enterprise young business man of the year award, I won an all expenses trip for me and my family to Florida with a day at a business school there. I was only 14 at the time. I had set up a business reconditioning electrical appliances and selling them on.

In 2003 I was selected as the Hunter for Penicuik and represented my town at all the historic border common ridings, and just last year as an ex principle and comittee member I was allowed to ride in the newly reformed Edinburgh Riding of the Marches and I got to ride up the Royal Mile after crossing over the Pentland hills with 300 other horses.