Another Damn Chip.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    GCA3N
    After all that happened last year driving home on Thursday heard something hit the windscreen. Never noticed it cleaning the car on Friday but on closer inspection have found a chip and a small crack. Both are smaller than a five pence and on the passenger side so hopefully they will be able to fix them. Only problem I have now is because of our location it will be 7-10 days till they get over. With the roads falling appart even more so since the bad weather I guess i won't be driving this week.

Delboy
    Bad luck Greig, especially since you got a new windscreen fitted only a few months ago.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Bad luck Greig, especially since you got a new windscreen fitted only a few months ago.
    i know, well atleast i'll be getting my own personal assistant when i call through.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Thats crap, especially when you take so much care with the car and take pride in the way it looks. I hope the repair is better than my screen, right enough it was just outside the drivers side but it was doing my nut, so the new screen was in the week after.

I was thinking last night while driving through Glasgow there was some huge chunks on the road after all the potholes and all it take is the car in front to kick one up.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Thats crap, especially when you take so much care with the car and take pride in the way it looks. I hope the repair is better than my screen, right enough it was just outside the drivers side but it was doing my nut, so the new screen was in the week after.

I was thinking last night while driving through Glasgow there was some huge chunks on the road after all the potholes and all it take is the car in front to kick one up.

Thanks, roads are a nightmare like you say, doesn't seem to take much tbo.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Bummer Greig. Twice in the space of a few months, you have the worst luck with windscreens.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    As otehrs have said, you can go years without getting one and you have had 2 in a few months

GCA3N
    Cheers all, it's not the end of the world, just hope it gets sorted soon. I now have kwik fit saying they won't travel to Arran, needless to say kicked up so waiting on a call now.

Car
    R56 JCW and various race MINI's
    i had 2 windscreens in the 2008 season then in 2009 i think i went through 5 :(

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Knox18 View Post
    i had 2 windscreens in the 2008 season then in 2009 i think i went through 5 :(
    Jings , that's brutal Chris ..................................... what about the race car

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination