Boot locked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    colliz
    Can anyone please put some light on this... My boot on my mini will lock up and you cannot open from the button on the keys or the boot itself..But i can open it from the pully thingy from under the back seats...then sometimes it will just open by itself and when you shut it about 5 secs later it will open again buy its self.. its starting to really anoy me is it a garage job or what do you think anyone had the same probs and what price do you think it will cost to fix....ta... and happy new year to all..

big pete
    Sounds like you might need a new latch mechanism, only £23 from BMW and 10 mins to fit. first tho check the plug is making a good connection!

Forbes
    Yup. There sounds like there have been a few going in this weather on various forums

m8cxc
    mine went to wouldnt lock just checked the wee latch things pushed them in a few times and its fine now

colliz
    ive try'd wd40 and moving everything by hand and its still doing it i will check the connections and give everything a clean and see what happens..

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    ill have a wee look tomorrow and see what some of the faults are at the moment

Car
    MINI-less
    My boot was doing strange things also. Would open by itself when i started the car, and sometimes when i turned ignition off. Seems ok now, cold weather causing gremlins.

colliz
    sounds like mine as well had to drive the other day with the boot open... could not even make it go sideways in the snow cause of this... what a bummer lol...

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Specy did this for a while. Dancing with rage and frustration usually solved it. Was nothing to do with cold weather though coz that was the summer. The problem disappeared as mysteriously as it started.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Harry Fairbairn Sponsor
    My Sister's R53 S did this and it was that water/moisture had gone into the mechanism and knackered the electrics in the boot or something??? It was easy fixed though with a new part which didn't cost much at all.

The New Astra Convertibles are notorious for this. My mate has one and sometimes when he goes to play golf he cannae get his clubs out the boot . He is always getting a ribbing for this and told to buy a different car. Apparently you can't access from inside the car either due to the design of the electric hood.... His Golf Handicap is going in the wrong way due to this
    Last edited by Ivano; 8th January 2010 at 02:14 PM.