How to clean the car in this -0.? weather

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    owwwwwwwwwwe!!!!

Well i'm tempted to go out and speak to the guys at Polished Bliss, but im worried about getting told I need to do this that and another 100 processes and get confused. Another big problem is that I don't even own a machine polisher! Thanks for the advice Mr King, mucho appreciated!

Thanks for the info too Greg, top man!

Nae probs.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Mr N16SHP
    Im afraid it sounds like you have scratched your roof and tardis wont work as the defect is into the paint as apposed to on the paint.
    I certainly wouldnt use T cut. Its really not very nice and the abrasives in it dont break down so you just end up putting swirls into the paint after you have removed the deep scratch.
    It will more than likely need machine polished. There are several hand work scratch removers but to be honest I really dont think they work. You could try Meguiars scratch X but MINI paint is so hard that it prob wont shift it if its deep.
    Well went out and spoke to the guys at Polished Bliss today, and they were first class. First question they asked was do you under stand car cleaning processes, and I said a little bit, so they we're very good at explain everything and putting it into English.

The guy came out, had a look at the car, and said..."ouch!" so I figured that wasn't a good start. Anyway, he talked through my options and said I was lucky it wasn't really that deep so should come out with some hard work and patience. He gave me Menzerna Power Finish and two abbrasive sponges. Said i'd need a couple of coats, and it should remove most of the marks. Then asked if I used any waxes to which I replied no, so he then sorted me out with Poorboys Black Hole and Poorboys Natty's Paste. Told me they are a good value for money and are a pretty decent combo together. He said there are more expensive and possibly better products on the market but I told him I didn't want to break the bank so he stuck with that.

Talked me through how to use them, and even threw in a couple of towels for me. Total cost of my trip, £50. Decided that was not bad, and some decent advice for free which you cannot get when you shop online, nor a true evaluation of the damage. Here's hoping it works now, and roll on some nice warm weather so I can sort it out.

**Looks at forecast** Great, more snow tomorrow!!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Hope it sorts you out mate. Get some before and after pics up.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Hope it sorts you out mate. Get some before and after pics up.
    Yeah, I always take pics after and then go DAMNIT! Knew i'd forgotten to do something before I started. See thing is, I just get too excited about washing my car and forget lol
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by N16SHP View Post
    Yeah, I always take pics after and then go DAMNIT! Knew i'd forgotten to do something before I started. See thing is, I just get too excited about washing my car and forget lol
    Me too lol