How to clean the car in this -0.? weather

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    At last currently 1.3C here this morning I am hoping that maybe the jet wash will be open this morning if not then I am going with the soapy water to clean windows and lights today.

Even folks at my work are starting to comment on how dirty my car is.
    Cooper Coupe...

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Got inside of car cleaned today and tried out AG window polish I bought some time ago but never got round to trying. Stuff came off like a dream unlike other window polishes I've used. Outside got a bit of a tidy up as well but under sills etc desperately needing a good hose down. Too damned cold in the wind to do a thorough job and would be just as bad again doing five minute journey to petrol station. Anyway dont fancy having to break car out of an ice block first thing in the morning. Now just got to wait for till I can feel my feet and knees after spending half and hour and more kneeling in the snow trying to clean the wheels.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    Got inside of car cleaned today and tried out AG window polish I bought some time ago but never got round to trying. Stuff came off like a dream unlike other window polishes I've used. Outside got a bit of a tidy up as well but under sills etc desperately needing a good hose down. Too damned cold in the wind to do a thorough job and would be just as bad again doing five minute journey to petrol station. Anyway dont fancy having to break car out of an ice block first thing in the morning. Now just got to wait for till I can feel my feet and knees after spending half and hour and more kneeling in the snow trying to clean the wheels.
    Great effort, The ag's stuff is brill especially the glass cleaner.Where's the clean pics though, ie evidence lol

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I've given up, but it will get a dam good clean when this weather buggers off. The car has that thick brown ice come snow that when falls off is like a brick near the sills. Hate the salt and the Alloys have sod all protection as I removed Tar off them and never got the time to do them and I even have the CG stuff as well.

Good effort if i could I'd love to blast it even if it was not a full wash and I cant dry it.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Hopefully warm enough tomorrow to turn on water to outside taps and get the pressure washer operational
    Temps in Oban just above freezing all day Sunday.
    Stephen & Allyson

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    my car is the dirtiest it has ever been..... not had a wash now in 5 weeks, 4 hours, 27 mins and 32 seconds...

not even going to try and use my hose until the snow is gone from my drive and the temps have gone up for a few days... dinnae want a skating rink in my drive and a frozen car in the morning

Finally got her washed. Took all my stuff to the jet wash it was a bit tricky making sure my two buckets didn't spill over in the boot on route but only live two corners away.

Don't know what was worse washing the car of keeping my feet and not falling over.

The car as we arrived.

and afters. still got a bit of shine on her.

Cooper Coupe...

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Might run my car to the jet wash in Morrisons then although I dont fancy there soap but then the car needs waxed anyway. So how did that work with the TBM. Jetwash then TB then JW again?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Hoovered the car first

Seats and trim cleaned with Megs interior Quik Detailer

Mats sprayed with APC and jet washed.

Then the car

Rinse with jet wash water.

I sprayed the wheel arches with some APC and gave them a brush down
    alloy cleaner and give the wheels a good clean.

Spray a mixture of citrus snow foam and other stuff manual over the car using a snow foam thing I had before getting the pressure washer one.
    Rinse jet wash.
    Wash with two bucket system.
    Rinse with jet wash.
    Megs LT spray and then dry.
    Last edited by Scottie; 10th January 2010 at 07:30 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

what made my car worse was all the stuff off the trees from my work tiny tiny wee seeds all over her.
    Cooper Coupe...