help with laptop memory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Like Gismo said, it sounds like your DATA D: drive may well have been there all the time. Adding extra memory wouldn't show up as a hard disk drive
    I think his new D: drive is actually a card type drive and this is where he should move non windows or programme related files in order to free up his internal hard drive

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I think his new D: drive is actually a card type drive and this is where he should move non windows or programme related files in order to free up his internal hard drive
    Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter where it came from, fact is it's another 32gb of ram he can use to free up some space on C:

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Ally S
    It looks like you have nothing on D. You should change your My Docs folder to the D drive so that all your pics and music etc.. is stored there. That should even things out and stop the warning messages.

More Memory wont help with the low space on C as windows needs a few GB for its virtual memory.