New Forum Software

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Delboy
    Alan,
    Well done for getting the site upgraded - I'm sure it was not an easy task !
    I noticed that each individual post is not date and time stamped on-screen so it is difficult to know which posts are recent when looking at a lengthy thread. Or am I missing something ?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Alan,
    Well done for getting the site upgraded - I'm sure it was not an easy task !
    I noticed that each individual post is not date and time stamped on-screen so it is difficult to know which posts are recent when looking at a lengthy thread. Or am I missing something ?
    Not sure what you mean, the posted date and time is shown above your username in every post

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Can someone with a decent monitor advise how defined the forums are?
    The new layout does not give borders between each forum, more a shadowed effect from one to the next, my laptop screen is crap and i wondered if the forums were easy to see

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    More defined with the default skin, the NMS old skool skin isn't as defined but i prefer that lol

maybe easier to see if the forums were black like the background? Dunno how easy that would be to change.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Not sure what you mean, the posted date and time is shown above your username in every post
    That's bizarre - I can't see this on my screen! Could be another "work PC" issue .

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    well i like the way round the forms but dont like the whight back ground for the posts sore on the eyes wont want to look at it tomorow morning with a hang over
    New sig coming soon

Ally S
    Nice one. It looks quite good.

One thing i've noticed is the Home button at the top goes to content.php which is a restricted page (maybe it should be index.php or /).

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally S View Post
    Nice one. It looks quite good.

One thing i've noticed is the Home button at the top goes to content.php which is a restricted page (maybe it should be index.php or /).
    Nope, it's right enough, i just haven't sussed out how to lay out the home page yet
    I'll get there eventually

where do I find the option to view "todays posts" like we had on the old version.

Also can you explain what this blog and cms stuff is and what's the point to it.

(cms to me is customer management software)
    Cooper Coupe...

also any chance we can get the sponsor section moved to the bottom of the forum.?? It's just to busy with them at the top don't you think.?
    Cooper Coupe...