New Forum Software

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    We live and breathe again................you will have noticed by now that we are using the latest vBulletin software suite
    Things to notice is there is a fully operable CMS and Blog, this is new to me also and will require some research from my side anyway but, as we move on i'm sure the more techno folks will post up hints and tips for the rest of us.

The smilies appear to be scrunched up, this a is a known bug and is being worked on by vBulletin, i'm not a fan of the new ones from VB and will rectify that as time allows.

One very important thing to know is that when replying to posts now, in order to display the smilies you either need to double click the reply button or select the go advanced button in the reply box.

For all other feedback please create a new thread so i can keep them seperate.

I will be tweaking the colour scheme and you will be able to select it if you don't like the VB default

All comments welcome, hope you enjoy the new tools available

The Dogfather
    Alan, I'm getting a 'you don't have permission' message when trying to view the home page

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Alan, I'm getting a 'you don't have permission' message when trying to view the home page
    Try clearing your browser cache and try again, although there isn't anything published there yet, you should still get to see the home page

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Ditto!!

It's a bit white too is that because of all the snow perhaps?

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    It's a bit white too is that because of all the snow perhaps?
    I'm working on the new layout, you can check it out by selecting it from the drop down menu at the left foot of any page, it's called Old School NMS

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    I'm working on the new layout, you can check it out by selecting it from the drop down menu at the left foot of any page, it's called Old School NMS
    I did that already but cant see any difference.

BUT its all working again so a big thanks for that and give yourself a pat on the back and I will buy you a beer too. (hows that?)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I did that already but cant see any difference.
    Please tell me you're joking

The Dogfather
    Alan, well done on getting this installed, I'm still unsure what I'm going to do with NM.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Please tell me you're joking
    OK it has got the NMS bit at the top but thats about it (I think)

also when I go NMS.co.uk then click forum I get told 'bog off yer nae authoried' then need to click forum on that page to get in.

PS nae word for word :)

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    OK it has got the NMS bit at the top but thats about it (I think)
    Whew ok, the reworking of the colour scheme will take a while and will be an ongoing project, the aim is to try and get it to as near the old scheme as possible

when I go NMS.co.uk then click forum I get told 'bog off yer nae authoried' then need to click forum on that page to get in
    I'll update the main web site to take folks directly to the actual forums and not the CMS home page until there is actual content on there. Edit, done

Also, try clearing your browser cache