Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Pfft, get an iPhone and be done with it
    yeah yeah...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    yeah yeah...
    At least ask when your phone is actually up for renewal b y the time March comes round several million new phones will be available anyway

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    At least ask when your phone is actually up for renewal b y the time March comes round several million new phones will be available anyway
    I think he should just get a basic phone (less to go wrong)

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    actually checked what phones are due for release before my date to buy and there are next to no smartphones for release.

euan
    I hate trying to get a new phone. Mine is up next month so I phone them up and they offer me a worse contract than I have and having to pay for the phone. So I asked to be put through to disconnections. Really nice guy, very helpful, offers me the same contract I have now and the phone for free.

However, no budging on the iPhone. So Orange, what have you got! They offer me a W995 (same as I've got now), or a Hero. Now the old HTC my Dad had ran like a slug with asthma, is the Android version that much better? I've not seen it yet?

I'm with Craig, don't like the costs of the iPhone, no matter how good it is. I don't want to be paying effectively double for an iPhone.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    I hate trying to get a new phone. Mine is up next month so I phone them up and they offer me a worse contract than I have and having to pay for the phone. So I asked to be put through to disconnections. Really nice guy, very helpful, offers me the same contract I have now and the phone for free.

However, no budging on the iPhone. So Orange, what have you got! They offer me a W995 (same as I've got now), or a Hero. Now the old HTC my Dad had ran like a slug with asthma, is the Android version that much better? I've not seen it yet?

I'm with Craig, don't like the costs of the iPhone, no matter how good it is. I don't want to be paying effectively double for an iPhone.
    thanks Euan - a man with sense...

as for the Hero - I used it yesterday at the lunch and it was actually rather good... It does suffer from the stutter, (I noticed that when trying to text) but nothing that would put you off it completely (or not me anyway..)

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    as for the Hero - I used it yesterday at the lunch and it was actually rather good... It does suffer from the stutter, (I noticed that when trying to text) but nothing that would put you off it completely (or not me anyway..)
    Until you've had it for 6 months, then it will drive you nuts and you'll blame Fi for "selling" the phone to you and you're in a contract for another 18 months you can't get out of and you hate the phone and so on and so on....

Anyone noticed I'm staying out of this one? Conscious decision.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyP & Lenore View Post
    Until you've had it for 6 months, then it will drive you nuts and you'll blame Fi for "selling" the phone to you and you're in a contract for another 18 months you can't get out of and you hate the phone and so on and so on....

Anyone noticed I'm staying out of this one? Conscious decision.

A.
    ah, but I didn't actually have a shot of my "current" phone...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    ah, but I didn't actually have a shot of my "current" phone...
    I gave you a shot of mine.

Didn't I.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

The Dogfather
    HTC Hero is a good phone, but the Dext is better.

Forget previous HTC phones as they will have been WinMo and this is ANDROID!!!

My favourite app is the lightsaber one complete with fight music