New Phone hunt

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    well, the 3 month search for a new phone has started...

I go thro this every 18 months and it does ma nut in...

I was sold on the iphone, but I just can see myself justifying the high price for the phone and the overinflated price for the monthly contract and the fact that most helpful apps you have to pay for... (this is all compared to other phones)

I have been looking at android phones, which now seem to be very reliable and fairly bug free... The HTC Hero is getting my vote at the moment... Fi, if you could bring yours on Sun for me to have a wee play with?

Also gonna move away from vodafone as the signal at my work (where I use my phone A LOT) is terrible. So it is either going to be Orange or O2. Looking at O2 they seem to have a small choice of phones, but have unlimted net access. Orange only do half a gig of internet a month, but that may be enough. Does anyone know if either allow tethering?

Thanks for the help - hopefully by the time I get to March, I won't make the wrong decision like I did 18 months ago...

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    I would go for O2 as they have a better signal than Orange... My Orange phone would lose signal whenever i went inside somewhere

You could always get an iPhone from Tesco when they launch it soon... rumor has it that they will have a £30 per month contract. They also use the O2 network so the signal should be good.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    its no sectert Im an old fuddy duddy, and I always said a phone is for phoning and not txting emailing or taking photos.

WELL!!!!

I have an IPhone now and its fantastic so go get one

Yeah man, get an iPhone they are great fun.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    I would go for O2 as they have a better signal than Orange... My Orange phone would lose signal whenever i went inside somewhere

You could always get an iPhone from Tesco when they launch it soon... rumor has it that they will have a £30 per month contract. They also use the O2 network so the signal should be good.
    I was told that the issue with Orange is that their frequency isn't at good a penetrating buildings (ooohh eerrrr missus) so that is prob why you have that issue..

Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    its no sectert Im an old fuddy duddy, and I always said a phone is for phoning and not txting emailing or taking photos.

WELL!!!!

I have an IPhone now and its fantastic so go get one
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_dude View Post
    Yeah man, get an iPhone they are great fun.

I do like the iphone, no question, but the fifer in me wants a better deal...

The Dogfather
    Head down to an Orange store and have a look at the dext, its basically a Hero with a slide out keyboard and a slightly better user interface. Its currently a lot cheaper to get a Dext as well.

Its the phone I choose when I came to spend my own money.

If data services, (browsing, email and social networking) are important then you would be better off on Orange as the 3G coverage is far higher than O2s, hence the you're covered campaign.

Plus, there's also the fact that I can get you 30% off any non iphone monthly tarriff (on Orange) as well. which should appeal to your tightwad side

The Bull
    I just got a HTC HD2, lovely phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrGf8...eature=related
    Last edited by The Bull; 10th December 2009 at 01:42 AM.

Go against the i phone revolution , get a house brick one .

GAJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I was sold on the iphone, but I just can see myself justifying the high price for the phone and the overinflated price for the monthly contract
    I was in exactly the same boat but eventually bought an iPhone last month. If you have any friends who work for Lloyds TSB (or McDonalds!), speak to them nicely as they have a friends and family discount scheme. I got my iPhone last month and get 30% off of the tariff for the full duration of the contract. I got a 16GB 3GS which I had to make the standard payment for, but you can get the 3G 8GB for free if you'd be happy with that one.

This is with O2 btw. Thank you site founder's missus!!
    Last edited by GAJ; 10th December 2009 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Added carrier info and thanks!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by GAJ View Post
    I was in exactly the same boat but eventually bought an iPhone last month. If you have any friends who work for Lloyds TSB (or McDonalds!), speak to them nicely as they have a friends and family discount scheme. I got my iPhone last month and get 30% off of the tariff for the full duration of the contract. I got a 16GB 3GS which I had to make the standard payment for, but you can get the 3G 8GB for free if you'd be happy with that one.

This is with O2 btw. Thank you site founder's missus!!

The 3G is alot slower than the 3GS once you see the difference you would go for the 3GS. My missus has the 3G and I hate using it.