Runflats!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    You tell him ken. I think your no nonsence sensible attitude should be commended. Too many shannanigans that's what I say.

Car
    '55 plate Cooper S Checkmate
    finished work at 5..got in te car and driving for not even a minute and adnt went over 25mph..Bing..my tyre light came on!!!..stopped at the first garage to have a look and as luck has it my mate who's a tyre fitter was there filling up..so he was going to check them but the guage was broke!!!!..said they felt fine and that they can be sensitive but was to check them when I got up the road..so off i go..and the light went amber then went off??is this common??

and do you all think that tyre companies and bmw/mini just say that they can be repaired so that folk who don't really know any better jst buy a new tyre?

andddd..but a went to look for the electric pump in my boot cos my cooper had one and found some sort of battery..what is it???

cheers guys!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin View Post
    finished work at 5..got in te car and driving for not even a minute and adnt went over 25mph..Bing..my tyre light came on!!!..stopped at the first garage to have a look and as luck has it my mate who's a tyre fitter was there filling up..so he was going to check them but the guage was broke!!!!..said they felt fine and that they can be sensitive but was to check them when I got up the road..so off i go..and the light went amber then went off??is this common??

and do you all think that tyre companies and bmw/mini just say that they can be repaired so that folk who don't really know any better jst buy a new tyre?

andddd..but a went to look for the electric pump in my boot cos my cooper had one and found some sort of battery..what is it???

cheers guys!
    Is it not your battery that's where they put them in the S's. Checking runflats looking at them or feeling them is useless, I had a runflat with 5psi in it once, and you cannot tell by looking at it.

Car
    Is it not your battery that's where they put them in the S's. Checking runflats looking at them or feeling them is useless, I had a runflat with 5psi in it once, and you cannot tell by looking at it.
    oh right is it?!?! never new that lol..hmmm well the lights went off for now so shall see how it goes!

cheers mate

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Fartin Martin View Post
    oh right is it?!?! never new that lol..hmmm well the lights went off for now so shall see how it goes!

cheers mate

By yourself a tyre pressure indicator really handy to have.

something like this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRAPER-EXPERT-...item3a55626aee

Car
    By yourself a tyre pressure indicator really handy to have.

something like this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DRAPER-EXPERT-...item3a55626aee
    cheers mate..am sure theres one cuttin about this house somewhere..if its disappeared then and get this ordered!!

WeeTerri
    Runflats Confuse me! BIG TIME!!!! lol
    my light is still coming on but when i check the pressure all is fine!!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeTerri View Post
    you could have a faulty sensor, if the car is still under warranty, best get them to check it out... If not, your local garage will have a fault code reader, it may show up something..

Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeTerri View Post

Have you reset the system?

WeeTerri
    yeah reset it when i blew them up the last time! i always make sure i reset it....went all day today tho without it comin on woohoo