Button moves to McLaren...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thats right folks, Jenson Button has signed a multi year deal with McLaren for 2010+. So who is going to be the number driver in this team between Lewis and Jenson then lol

So I wonder who is going to be driving the Mercedes GP cars now then?
    Mmmm things are now going to be very interesting in 2010 thats for sure and hopefully be another cracking season.

I REALLY hope Rubens has a seat somewhere, he is my favourite driver out there and I would be gutted to see him not race.
    **EDIT** its ok I've just seen that Rubens is going to be racing for Williams-Cosworth in 2010 with GP2 winner Nico Hulkinberg!? (dont know who he is..)
    Last edited by zimbo; 18th November 2009 at 02:34 PM.

Delboy
    Yeah, heard that Hamilton is getting paid more than double Button's salary so no prizes for guessing who will get priority . How funny would it be though if Button consistently out drove Hamilton - fingers crossed .

Rosberg and Heidfeld were tipped for Mercedes GP - not exactly high profile...

euan
    I can't see Button outdriving Hamilton, but I think it'll be very interesting.

The big change next season is no refuelling, so the driver who looks after his tyres best will do well. Lewis eats tyres like I eat biscuits, but Button is very easy on his tyres, so even if Lewis is quicker over a one lap I can't see Button being far away by the end.

I think the Merc cars will have Rosberg and Heidfeld in them. As for Rubens, he's got a chance to do well as that Williams is getting better all the time. It's a well funded team, good technical people and hopefully Cosworth will build a decent engine. As Rubens is one of the best in F1 for developing a car, you have to think by the end of the season he'll be up there pushing for podiums.

Norbert wants at least one German driver in the merc team
    Stephen & Allyson

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Norbert wants at least one German driver in the merc team
    None of the current crop of German drivers are really what I'd call great drivers though. Kubica had a good season 2 years ago but hasn't done much since. Heidfeld is quick and I think underrated, but again he's not good enough to win championships. Rosberg had his best season last year but has really to prove himself in a top team, so I think it'll be him as the rumours were he'd signed for Mercedes rather than a team, and it was up to them where he drove (hence why he'd been spoken about for the McLaren seat).

If they want to create team motherland, fair enough - but it may not be the best for the team results.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by zimbo View Post
    Thats right folks, Jenson Button has signed a multi year deal with McLaren for 2010+. So who is going to be the number driver in this team between Lewis and Jenson then lol

So I wonder who is going to be driving the Mercedes GP cars now then?
    Mmmm things are now going to be very interesting in 2010 thats for sure and hopefully be another cracking season.

I REALLY hope Rubens has a seat somewhere, he is my favourite driver out there and I would be gutted to see him not race.
    **EDIT** its ok I've just seen that Rubens is going to be racing for Williams-Cosworth in 2010 with GP2 winner Nico Hulkinberg!? (dont know who he is..)
    Rubens and Webber are my two favourites

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Looking forward to the Massa, Alonso partnership just a tad

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Bruno Senna has a drive for 2010 too

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Very interesting knowing that Mercedes are withdrawing from the McLaren team as well

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    Very interesting knowing that Mercedes are withdrawing from the McLaren team as well
    They are still supplying the engines though