Button moves to McLaren...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    rosssp
    There are rumours flying around that Mr M Schumacher has been approached to join Mercedes next year to replace Jenson Button. He was appearently very disappointed when he was unable to sit in for Massa last season.
    Fingers crossed as he will push all the younger guys and find out what there made off.

944s2man
    Hence why Mercedes are wooing Schumacher!

Quote Originally Posted by 944s2man View Post
    Hence why Mercedes are wooing Schumacher!
    1st of all

They would have to do some SERIOUS WOOING to lure Schumacher away from the Ferrari fold and I mean SERIOUS!!!

baptie
    you never know, it happens in football often enough.

personally I think he knows what side his breeds buttered......and its prancing horse flavoured!

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by baptie View Post
    you never know, it happens in football often enough.

personally I think he knows what side his breeds buttered......and its prancing horse flavoured!
    Is it really though? All the people he worked with aren't there anymore, his contract is up at the end of the year too.

Anything is possible in F1, who'd have thought Button would be in a McLaren?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    ...and Ross Brawn was the mastermind behind his titles at Ferrari and Benneton!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini Ecosse View Post
    Norbert wants at least one German driver in the merc team
    Nico Rosberg confirmed as driver for the new merc team.
    That makes one German driver in team.
    May be another German driver soon
    Stephen & Allyson

euan
    Nico Rosberg confirmed as driver for the new merc team.
    That makes one German driver in team.
    May be another German driver soon
    Suitl it is then ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    Suitl it is then ;-)
    Heidfield?
    Stephen & Allyson

euan
    Heidfield?
    I'd heard that rumour howver I suspect they will wait until they see what happens with Renault. I hear Renault are still contemplating pulling out, but want to see what penalty Toyota get as they had signed the concorde agreement so are liable for a fine. If it's not too big, I think Renault will leave.

If I had the choice of Heidfield or Kubica, I'd take the latter, and I'd take my chances and wait to see if I could get him as well.