truck just killed the windscreen with a huge bang.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    i know greg had this on his run home when his screen cracked. it deff a replace job. But i remember reading about companies not using proper oem windows?

Im fully comp so it should be free as far as i remember.
    Sitting in govan with the rain pishing down and pissed right off. Will my ins when i get back home.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Bummer...

just ask you insurance company to use a window repairer that uses genuine parts.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Don't think its a free replacement either
    Usually costs you about £50 - £70 depending on who your insurer is
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Gordy View Post
    Don't think its a free replacement either
    Usually costs you about £50 - £70 depending on who your insurer is
    I'm with Adrian Flux & iirc £70 excess but it does not affect your 'no claims'

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

GCA3N
    Yes I got mine replaced in June. Autoglass came out to do it. I remember the discussion last time. The only thing different was it never had the tiny logo in the corner. The autoglass guy said it was identical. I have to say there is no difference. And can I be honest it's probably better if it's not made by BMW

Also it normally costs between £50-80 in my experience, cost me £70. You also get the A pillars replaced to along with the top seal strip. I certainly had no complaints, (well apart from the first one had a tiny mark in the glass, I did'nt really bother or even see it at first but the auto glass guy rejected it)

Funny how this had came up though, as I got a phone call from the insurance company today wanting £27 from me as it has effected my premium for the year?

Car
    F56 Cooper
    i'm sure e-sure will be the same. Not back yet so will find out later. Anyone used autoglass bothwell as they have a workshop. Have to find out off the cover slip.

Forgive i'm still using the phone to post.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Delboy
    Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Autoglass Bothwell did my rear side window when I got the rock thrown at it the day I collected the car and they did a good job (despite me giving them severe jip for not putting the chrome trim back on correctly, which turned out to be the fault of the dealer ). Autoglass actually helped me sort it out though - the guy was really helpful .

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Cheers for that Del and the rest for the info – thinking it would be better in there Bothwell workshop than out in the rain that looks to be here most of the week. It's AutoGlass they use.

Its £75 excess and it should not affect my NCD of eleven years, although you always feel “aye right” bet there is a few more quid on next years Renewal.

Actually grateful it’s not a chip on the paint or dent on the car as far as I can see, there was just the one bang and the window took the hit. Thats what I get for admiring the rain parting with the Carlack stuff this morning for it to be tanned this afternoon

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Actually grateful it’s not a chip on the paint or dent on the car as far as I can see, there was just the one bang and the window took the hit. Thats what I get for admiring the rain parting with the Carlack stuff this morning for it to be tanned this afternoon
    Although still very annoying, it's good that only the glass that got it . And now you'll get a nice new shiney windscreen to polish .

Not fun when that happens.............

New screen courtesy of Autoglass