Road Tar

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by washshop View Post
    I usually use a wax spray - carnauba based if I am using tar remover in these conditions its some protection rather than none. Then the big clay come June time.
    Sounds good. But I am sad and clean my car.....well too many times. It just gets me down seeing all the tar. spend 2 hours the other day and it was all back 2 days later.

Fester
    Grieg, I have mudflaps all round and for some reason I do not get a single tar spot on the car, I do not think it is the flaps as they are really small as you know, I keep the car topped up with a regular coat of wax (more coats than is needed) I think (in my head) that this stops the tar sticking.
    Friends Fiesta that used to get the same treatment as mine is absolutley covered in tar spots since he stopped cleaning regularly. Worth putting in the extra work for the extra protection.

GCA3N
    Dude if you knew me well u would realise that this is not the case. I am a total clean freak with my car. I pre wash wash(double bucket and grit guard) double rinse, aqua blade, pre wax carnuba cleaner, 2 coats of ag resin, and 1 coat of megs wax. Chemical guys trim gel on all the trim, ag's glass cleaner then megs tyre dress on the tyres....every time...well most times. I did this 3 times this week and each time I do it I cry as I have to start the whole process with the tar remover, which also has the added bonus of stripping all the products off.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    tell me you don't use and aqua blade... I;ll have words with you about that tomorrow....

Fester
    aqua blade!!!!!

The Devils Tool, you're worried about tar spots I'd be crying at the scratches,

Maybe is the mudflaps that is saving mine then.

GCA3N
    It was recommended to me. Been using it for a while with no adverse effects...so far.