Road Tar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Tried the tar remover today and it works a treat, nice one. Did not realise how much it was splattered all over the car, it was a mess.

GP BILLY
    Great stuff the tardis grieg the autosmart rep
    stays in Irvine so if you want sum give me a shout can meet you
    at Ardrossan...
    5 Ltr £14 I think

If anybody else wants some to try and there are down my way
    give me a shout (think I have about 10 ltr left)

GCA3N
    That's fantastic thankyou. I paid a fiver for 500ml but that includes p&p to Arran so didn't think that was too bad.

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    I use the AG tar remover now & again but with the roads being the state they're in just now & being repaired on a daily basis we're losing the battle.

I've taken the dremel to a set of mini front mudflaps so that they fit the JCW aerokit & it's helped to stop some of the tar from collecting on the doors.

If the rest of the dirt gets dark enough then you don't see the tar

Good luck
    Steve

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMischief View Post
    I use the AG tar remover now & again but with the roads being the state they're in just now & being repaired on a daily basis we're losing the battle.

I've taken the dremel to a set of mini front mudflaps so that they fit the JCW aerokit & it's helped to stop some of the tar from collecting on the doors.

If the rest of the dirt gets dark enough then you don't see the tar

Good luck
    Steve

Cheers, going through this stuff like Theres no tomorrow. Had to do all the windows yesterday. The thing that really annoys me is having to put on the resins and waxes afterwards.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Aye when you use the AG-TR on the doors like I did you feel your rubbing out your previous work with the polish and wax. I got a good polish and sealant and wax on before the really bad weather hit and it’s not too bad with regard to things sticking on the paint.

Most seems to jetwash off.

But I have conceded that its not getting polished, Sealed and waxed for a few months.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    I did the ag resin atleast. Goes on dead easy and feels like there is some protection.

Car
    MINI Clubman JCW / Nissan Pulsar GTiR / Volvo V40 D4 R Design
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Cheers, going through this stuff like Theres no tomorrow. Had to do all the windows yesterday. The thing that really annoys me is having to put on the resins and waxes afterwards.
    I agree, but you only have two options...

1. Do half the job by only cleaning "around the tar" & leaving it on the paintwork until the weather/roads improve (could take some time )
    2. Use a tar remover & rewax it afterwards - PITA

GCA3N
    Honestly rob you would not believe how bad it is. I used to get the odd spot here and there it's all over the car, it kills me. See u Sunday.

k3ith
    I usually use a wax spray - carnauba based if I am using tar remover in these conditions its some protection rather than none. Then the big clay come June time.