Road Tar

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Resident old yin.
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I bet you it's a nightmare mate, where do i get this stuff Baz?
    I bought some (a small bottle) from someone on Ebay.

GCA3N
    Bought some on Fleabay, £5 for 500ml, see how I get on with that.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    I bought some (a small bottle) from someone on Ebay.

yup got it

Car
    F56 Cooper
    When I was doing my stone chips with that stuff from the states I had to clear the areas from wax and polish, so decided the next wash to try and polish and seal the car and try and get some wax on it before winter. So really I needed to shift the tar spots on my doors etc.

I just used the AG Tar & Glue remover but it’s annoying as hell when you know its taking off you protection. It’s a crappy time consuming job that you really need to sit yourself down around the car.

I did my wheels with it as well to remove the tar and brake dust so it took off the CG stuff I had on them. Without a garage it’s like fighting a losing battle.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    When I was doing my stone chips with that stuff from the states I had to clear the areas from wax and polish, so decided the next wash to try and polish and seal the car and try and get some wax on it before winter. So really I needed to shift the tar spots on my doors etc.

I just used the AG Tar & Glue remover but it’s annoying as hell when you know its taking off you protection. It’s a crappy time consuming job that you really need to sit yourself down around the car.

I did my wheels with it as well to remove the tar and brake dust so it took off the CG stuff I had on them. Without a garage it’s like fighting a losing battle.

your right it's a losing battle,missing my garage now. Just going to stop driving it over here, just have it as an expensive out door ornament, looking for a cover for it now.

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    You guys take this all too seriously

It's dirt man, live with it

PS ......... my MINI is in my garage & it's 'slightly' manky AND I don't give a feck

(oh & to answer your Question : Barton Chemicals - Bitumen Tar & Glue Remover, as advised by the Pit Crew dude)
    Last edited by Crombers; 14th November 2009 at 10:19 AM.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Aye but see when you own one of those more reliable Mini’s that you can drive everyday they need the odd wash…………
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

GCA3N
    Aye but see when you own one of those more reliable Mini’s that you can drive everyday they need the odd wash…………

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Well I suppose the fatter & uglier you are the more area there is to cover & you wanna try & look your best

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Autosmart tardis is far better than the Barton chem stuff.

We used to use some Barton stuff when I worked at the garage until I persuaded them to change suplier.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Touché