Road Tar

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    GCA3N
    Need some advice folks.Went out the other day after getting home, from offshore, to clean the car and noticed it was covered in road tar on both doors and the boot lid. I presumed I had got this from driving through various road works coming back from Aberdeen. Anyway cleaned up the mess and resined and waxed the paintwork. I was out yesterday and again the car was even worse (defo no road works over here, roads are disgraceful) Anyway I have a number of questions needed answered.

1. Is anyone else experiencing this just now.
    2. What is the best product to use to clean road tar off, and where can i get it.
    3. How can I prevent it getting onto the car in the first place. (I am thinking all round mud flaps)
    4. Is there a product that I can put onto help protect against road tar.

I spent 4 hours today getting all the bits off, then having to resin and wax again, getting frustrated with it.

Thanks everyone

Car
    R56 Factory JCW
    Try having a white car shows up even more!

Get some Autosmart Tardis best stuff for removing with ease. However it will still strip your wax off.

From Factory JCW to Audi TT Quattro - Might be back one day!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazthemod View Post
    Try having a white car shows up even more!

Get some Autosmart Tardis best stuff for removing with ease. However it will still strip your wax off.

I bet you it's a nightmare mate, where do i get this stuff Baz?

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    Autosmart tardis is by far the best tar remover.

I get mine from my local autosmart rep but failing having a rep on Arran you can get it from Polished Bliss.

Doesnt matter how much wax you put on tar/bitumen will bond to all surfaces of the car.

Sounds like the road workers opened the section of road before the curing had completed, either that or the council had been out with the jet patcher repairing roads on the cheap and making a mess everywhere.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    , either that or the council had been out with the jet patcher repairing roads on the cheap and making a mess everywhere.

That's exactly what they do, all the time over here.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    You could just join the manly club I'm sure gizmo will have some tips for you

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    You could just join the manly club I'm sure gizmo will have some tips for you

Manly club...do you mean Manky club, or is it is you keep you car dirty you are manly

GCA3N
    [QUOTE=ianking;226970]Autosmart tardis is by far the best tar remover.

QUOTE]

Bought some on Fleabay, £5 for 500ml, see how I get on with that.

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    Manly club...do you mean Manky club, or is it is you keep you car dirty you are manly
    Ok it was good old iPhone spell check corrections but manly works too.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Ok it was good old iPhone spell check corrections but manly works too.

iphone auto correct can be nightmare, but of all the auto corrects that ones works well.