Help with tyre pressures

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    In one thread, you slate people for driving quick, now you're telling him he doesn't drive around corners quick enough?! Bizarre!
    Oh my goodness, take a chill pill dude, it was said with the

Do you just look for ways to get people angry or does it come natural. I know it's hard to sometimes pick up on how something is said, but I was attempting to be ironic. For me to call Craig a slow driver is ironic, I know this because I have been to a few runs, meetings, knockhill etc with him. I guess you need to know people on here before you can really understand them. Certainly judging on the NMS site comments alone is nearly impossible.

doogz__
    Dude, i think it's you that needs to chill.

I'm well aware he's not a shy driver, i chased him back from Knockhill last time i was up in a twin turbo legacy.

I'm not trying to make you angry, you just seem to take everything i say too seriously.

Alright?

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by doogz__ View Post
    Dude, i think it's you that needs to chill.

I'm well aware he's not a shy driver, i chased him back from Knockhill last time i was up in a twin turbo legacy.

I'm not trying to make you angry, you just seem to take everything i say too seriously.

Alright?

what ever.

Car
    R53 GP
    32 at rear 30 at front for me

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    32 at rear 30 at front for me

Interesting Ryan, I never run that low think I will try that when I get back see what the difference is. I'm sure I have mentioned this before, but when I first got my new mini I checked the tyre pressures and they were 48-49 psi all round don't know to this date what that was all about.

Car
    R53 GP
    from my memory 32psi all round is the best combination for 17" wheels. get them deflated Greig!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    from my memory 32psi all round is the best combination for 17" wheels. get them deflated Greig!

There at 34 psi now, or they were, Ben's maybe been at them lol.

doogz__
    30 32 sounds good.

Back when i had my little saxo i used to run 30/34 but the extra in the rears were to compensate for the slightly feeble RARB and 19mm bars

Delboy
    Does anybody actually use the tyre pressures stated in the manual ? I'm pretty sure it states 37/38 psi for the 17" runflats on my car (which is what I've got my tryes at) but, judging from the previous comments, it sounds like I should consider reducing by at least a few psi ?

I've not noticed any excessive wear on the centre of the treads (which would normally be a symptom of over-inflated tyres) and, if anything, the edges are probably more worn than the centre (cornering too hard perhaps ).

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    I'm pretty sure it states 37/38 psi for the 17" runflats on my car
    Is that not for it fully loaded with 4 passengers tho
    I'll need to go out and check now
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'