Abu Dhabi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Having visited Silverstone earlier this year & watching the coverage from Abu Dhabi yesterday you can see why the British GP is under threat. All we have in our favour is the history of British Motorsport.

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Smitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Having visited Silverstone earlier this year & watching the coverage from Abu Dhabi yesterday you can see why the British GP is under threat. All we have in our favour is the history of British Motorsport.
    I agree Silverstone is a terrific race circuit but it's facilities are so far behind the game it's ridiculus. But sometimes it's not about that...the atmosphere at silverstone is incredible!

DickWW
    Yeah...... Let's build a new circuit around Leith Docks ....

Silverstone isn't so bad..... It's just pretty boring.... The circuit I'd really love to visit is Bathurst - Mount Panorama..... That's a circuit with real attitude..

euan
    It looked an amazing circuit, however what it did do was highlight that all the cars have different strengths and as a result, the race was a bit dull. Had Hamilton not had his brake issue, it may have been a bit different, but look at Brazil and the racing that ALWAYS seems to happen there, you'd think they would learn. In saying that, it's the best of the new circuits by a mile.

I'm a bit fed up of all these new circuits though. I know Bernie is trying to recoup his fortune after his divorce, but it's getting a bit silly especially as the European GPs and North American races are the ones going. Canada was a great circuit, as was Magny Cours, but neither has the money to compete with these nations.

Bernie's issue with Silverstone isn't the parking, the grandstands, or the toilet facilities - it's the lack of corporate entertainment space and that is the real issue in F1 in general, it's taking it away from the real fans.