Abu Dhabi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Man I dont know what anyone else thought of the new Abu Dhabi Yas Marina Circuit, but I think it is AWESOME!! this circuit is going to be the bench mark for any other new circuits that may appear in the future...

I am sure "you'll be able to smell the money..." if your ever lucky enough to be able to go to that circuit, it just looked like it was oozing money everywhere , with that 5* Hotel over the circuit (hate to imagine what prices are for a room) and those HUMUNGOUS yachts/Boats in the marina. I was gobsmacked when I first it... I am still stunned by it.

What a way to end the 2009 season...

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I watched a documentary on the building of that circuit including the hotel.
    It was built in some ridiculously short time, like 9 months or something

Delboy
    Yes, I also thought the circuit looked amazing, not to mention the hotel, marina and boats (one of which had its own helicopter ). Would love to go there next season - better start saving now .

Looked awesome.
    Stephen & Allyson

Smitty
    It was incredible - what a dramatic setting with the hotel and Ferrari World.

Need to save the pennies to take a visit over there

Race was a bit of an anti-climax to what was a terrific season. Maybe not quite as excting as 2008 season, but it did shake thehings up and was full of drama

baptie
    Top Venue.
    Thought the race was very dull though.

Crackin' season, hope 2010 will be up to the same

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    a guy I know from work was at it... Lucky G!t.

looking forward to seeing his pics

also the hotel cost apparently £800 million which is the same as the track cost... Not bad if you had the money...

it was funny listening to JK on the grid saying that GB should up it's game... well, it's very easy to do that with £1.6 Billion to play with.

Car
    R53 GP
    Amazing circuit, looked so cool with all the lights...especially the neons on the hotel! Uncle is back tomorrow from the race, look forward to scuthering through the pics.

Parents have a home over there so I hope to go to the race next year. Can pick up flights for £350 with Air France/KLM...get in!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    Parents have a home over there so I hope to go to the race next year. Can pick up flights for £350 with Air France/KLM...get in!
    How many rooms does it have
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

The Dogfather
    Puts Donnington into perspective