Window Tints

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    P155 ON U
    Ok, just thought i would find out what you all think about window tints. I have the chance of getting mine done as part of a deal with a friend. he seams to think the mini's look good with 20% light in or something like that. any info or feedback would be good.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    you don't mention if it is the whole car or just the back 3 windows ?

If your thinking of doing the whole car then please be aware that ANY tint added to the front windows makes them illegal. Just in case you didn't know.

I have previously had midnight tint on the back 3 windows (which blocks out 80%) and really like the way it looked.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

If your thinking of doing the whole car then please be aware that ANY tint added to the front windows makes them illegal. Just in case you didn't know.

I have previously had midnight tint on the back 3 windows (which blocks out 80%) and really like the way it looked.

Seems to be an issue with this comment, it looks like the author is " Craig "when it should have been "KenL"

Just kidding guys, If we are presuming your just going for the back 3 windows then I had full tints (limo) and although I quite liked the look it was too dark inside and on I on 2 or 3 occasions nearly hit another car , pure and simply because i never saw them through the tints. This is the reason I have held off on the new car. I do however like the lighter tints, and they wont obscure your vision too much. As far as front tints go , then please dont, not only is it an offence, but more importantly it's really dangerous as well as the fact it would also void an insurance claim if you were in an accident too.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Being a biker it irks me that some folks do it, we hardly stand a chance at junctions as it is and with the front windows tinted just makes it worse

Car
    R53 GP
    I am with you all the way Alan, even worse in the dark. However I don't get how bikers are allowed to wear the smoked visors?

Sorry, perhaps the smoked visors are illegal though? It was just that I have seen Aberdeen police going about with them & it was one of my arguments when I was up in court about the 3 points I was going to receive.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    I am with you all the way Alan, even worse in the dark. However I don't get how bikers are allowed to wear the smoked visors?
    Difficult one, depends on PC Plod, but, full black visor and you would get pulled over but, tinted are no worse than sun glasses, but again depends on PC Plod.

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    I always thought the tints on the back made the mini look like a van me no likey but hey its you car to do with what you like Like Craig and others have said tho DON'T get the fronts tinted
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

koolsville
    I got 'medium' black tints on the back three, I think it improves the look of the car IMHO, no problems seeing out when reversing etc. and keeps it cool inside on these hot days too.

P155 ON U
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

Well i have found out some information from a friend of mine in the traffic police. Its not illegal for the from windows to be tinted. They must be 55% or more light in for them to pass and they cant charge you or make you remove them.

Going with 20% light in on the back three and 55% on the front two!

no sun strip though

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Quote Originally Posted by P155 ON U View Post
    Well i have found out some information from a friend of mine in the traffic police. Its not illegal for the from windows to be tinted. They must be 55% or more light in for them to pass and they cant charge you or make you remove them.

Going with 20% light in on the back three and 55% on the front two!

no sun strip though
    Sorry, he doesn't appreciate that the MINI front windows are already tinted to the maximum allowed, so, any extra tint is illegal.
    If he's your friend ask him to use his light meter to prove it