Cold start (diesel) rattle - Clubman

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Car
    MINI-less
    Thats the first time I've heard the cold start rattle. Man its loud! Sounds like a rough diesel.

Hi Colin, if you listen carefully in the mornings you should hear me as I'm in Alloa!!!!!

Werther's Original & Sponsor ELFMAN's Avatar
    Larkhall, Lanarkshire, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by rabhrab View Post
    Hi Colin, if you listen carefully in the mornings you should hear me as I'm in Alloa!!!!!
    I could hear it in Larkhall!

2008 R56 COOPER S, Pepper White, Black Roof, 'John Cooper' Signature Side and Bonnet Stripes, JCW 'Stage 1' Tuning Kit, Forge Intercooler, Milltek Downpipe & Sports Cat, ALTA Induction, Chris Knox/DNA Remap, JCW/Brembo Brakes, Limited Slip Diff, JCW Suspension and Front Strut Brace, 17" Crown Spokes with Non-Runflat 205/45x17 Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres, JCW/Recaro leather Seats, JCW Sideskirts, Chili Pack, Front Spotlights. Still got my old Hendrix Badge blu-tacked to the dash!

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Wow, first time i've heard it, that's so obvious

watching me, watching you gauldrymini's Avatar
    Car
    TBA
    That sound awful, hope the good people at MINI can fix it for you...
    Deposit paid ... something new this way comes!

Resident old yin.
    That Is bad.

On mine, you only heard it when you revved the engine between 1.5k and 3k revs.

Please let us know how you get on.

kerrbryan
    Ohh...mines wasnt that bad and hasnt happened since Monday morning. Hopefully going to go in to HF at the weekend and see what they say.

Well folks, I've been fixed!

The car went into Menzies at 8.30am this morning for the 'full fix', i.e. tensioner, chain, pulleys, etc., and I got it back at 2.00pm this afternoon, complete with wash and brushup!
    So I have to give Menzies of Stirling a big for now.

Hopefully that's the end of the 'death rattle' embarassing noise!

Car
    MINI-less
    Glad you got it sorted. Hopefully it will stay silent.