Cold start (diesel) rattle - Clubman

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Delboy
    I started experiencing (very occasionally) the infamous cold start rattle on my Cooper S Clubman over the past couple of months so I booked it into Douglas Park in Hillington (Glasgow) and it had the recognised fix installed this week. Hopefully this will have resolved the issue - time will tell.

I must say that DP were very good about this and although they didn't hear the noise first hand they still carried out the work under warranty. Having said that, they know me quite well so I would've been surprised if they'd resisted at all .

GCA3N
    I had the same fix as you Del, and as yet no probs since.

On another note are you working Friday 6th November, getting the exhaust fitted, but will be trying to make the 6pm boat. If I turn up at your door then I have missed it. Sorry

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post
    I had the same fix as you Del, and as yet no probs since.

On another note are you working Friday 6th November, getting the exhaust fitted, but will be trying to make the 6pm boat. If I turn up at your door then I have missed it. Sorry
    Yeah, the problem only started after you mentioned the issue a couple of months back .

I've sent you a pm on the "off topic" matter.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    great news Del... If they had fixed it that quickly back in 2007 I might still have an R56, but it ended up taking 30 months to find the fix...

as for the exhaust Greig, you will be on the road before 1 so as long as you don't drive like a granny, you'll make the boat...

Delboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    great news Del... If they had fixed it that quickly back in 2007 I might still have an R56, but it ended up taking 30 months to find the fix...

as for the exhaust Greig, you will be on the road before 1 so as long as you don't drive like a granny, you'll make the boat...
    Nice update on both topics

GCA3N

I have a drop off to do near dumfermline, ya cheeky monkey, and need to see my ma too.

Can't believe Baz hasn't commented yet on yer witty repartee. I am no slouch I'd kick your butt, mr 400 miles to a tank.....

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Delboy View Post
    Yeah, the problem only started after you mentioned the issue a couple of months back .

Better not talk about, punctures, broken windscreens, chipped bodywork or engine management lights...

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by GCA3N View Post

Can't believe Baz hasn't commented yet on yer witty repartee. I am no slouch I'd kick your butt, mr 400 miles to a tank.....
    400 miles I wish.. more like 300...

GCA3N
    400 miles I wish.. more like 300...
    aye what ever speedy

Actually the only time I had to really follow you, it was, how shall we put it, energetic. Got loads of practice following Baz now, so would'nt be a problem now. Heaven help us if that boy gets an S.

Theory Test Pass
    Car
    mini cooper d
    hi,

My mini does the rattle when it is cold as others seem to know about on here. Mine is a R56 Cooper D and when i mentioned it at the garage they couldn't see any fault. As it is going in the garage again shortly could anyone give me advice on what the problem is?

thanks