Brazil - Interlagos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    baptie
    Moan Ruby, got shivers when he got pole.

Oldest guy on the track and gets pole!

Toughy for Button

baptie

Top Race!

Well Done Jenson

The Dogfather
    Two consecutive British World Champions, hopefully Hamilton will have a more competitive car next season and Brawn manage to stay up there.

Threats will come from Alonso and Kimi I expect.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    really felt for all of the Brawn guys. Jenson could hardly speak, his dad was a wreck and Ross Brawn cried on TV....

Well done to the team that everyone thought wouldn't even exist this year and to big Ross or having the guts to put his name and cash behind it.

Jenson did an awesome job and deserves all the plaudits. Just having a to celebrate with them.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Two consecutive British World champions. t.
    yes pity the commentators don't think like you. As they put it 2 consecutive ENGLISH world champions. Had it been a Scottish/welsh/Irish driver then it would have been Brittish, typical.

The Dogfather
    They said British on the BBC in the summing up, I heard them...

They did say English when he crossed the line, because its the first time an Englishman had succeeded another Englishman.
    Last edited by The Dogfather; 18th October 2009 at 09:36 PM.

The Dogfather
    Brits had been consecutive before with Graham Hill > Jim Clark > John Surtees > Jim Clark and Graham Hill > Jackie Stewart

they said British on the BBC and frankly I can't be bothered with this English Irish Welsh Scottish thing so what if they said English big deal we are all still part of the British Isle and I was proud that he won no matter who said what. end of. I'm still more a Lewis fan and hope he is back on top next year.
    Cooper Coupe...

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    they said British on the BBC and frankly I can't be bothered with this English Irish Welsh Scottish thing so what if they said English big deal we are all still part of the British Isle and I was proud that he won no matter who said what. end of. I'm still more a Lewis fan and hope he is back on top next year.
    It's a big deal to me. I consider myself Brittish and hate how scots who do well are called Brits but English are still English. Sorry for expressing my opinions.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    don't apologise greig... it's always been the same with the english media... there are more of them than us, so they seem to forget the smaller nations... Like you I am proud to be Scots and will shout it out whenever required...

I would think it's not intentional by them, however if so, remember 1314