Noise when moving slowly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    right, needing some help diagnosing a fault on the car.. Don't want to have to put the car in at the moment as I have tooooo much on my plate and can't deal with the hassle of going to edin/glas or Dundee.

When pulling away or manouvering at slow speed whilst turning the steering wheel, I get a rubbing noise from the wheels. (I know the wheels aren't rubbing on the arches). So is it possible I have a dry joint or could it be something with the driveshafts ?

The problem has only been evident since the car came back from getting it's new clutch and gearbox. it was very quiet at first but is getting louder every day. Could they have not put something back right?

The reason for asking the questions is I would rather wait a couple of weeks when I will have time to deal with this, but if one of my wheels is going to fall off or I am going to cause more damage to the car, then I'll just have to deal with it.

Any advice welcome.

GCA3N
    gutted for you mate, you have no luck with yer cars.

Car
    R53 Cooper S jcw
    Im sure i have this problem to!

any news???

Car
    not yet Bry. phoned on 26th to book the car in and the earliest they can take it with a "hire" car is 18th Nov and this is one of the things they are investigating..

binnie
    try firing a bit of WD40 or silicon spray, or dash dressing etc, on the CV boots, i've had this a few times on a few different marques, when you put a bit of lock on the CV boot can rub against itself, causing a dry rubbing noise, or sometimes a creak.

dinnae get it on the brakes tho!

cheers

Binnie

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    My JCW has a noise too, I complained when I bought the car and the said it was the Tyres moving on the rims and its not a warranty issue

It never got any worse and I now have new tyres and the noise is still there, I suspect its to do with having an LSD I cant hear the noise when driving only when parking etc.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    My JCW has a noise too, I complained when I bought the car and the said it was the Tyres moving on the rims and its not a warranty issue

It never got any worse and I now have new tyres and the noise is still there, I suspect its to do with having an LSD I cant hear the noise when driving only when parking etc.
    yeah john, exact same issue. Only when parkiong or moving very slowly. The noise does go away tho if you dip the clutch and the car is still moving (forward or backward)... only if the car is "in gear" does the noise show up. I also have an LSD and wondered if that was the issue...

Car
    R53 GP
    I had the same problem when I first picked up the car. Took it to clarkies and was told that the LSD was needing oil or something like that. I've forgot the actual fault that was listed but the car cam out without the sound that was there in the 1st place.

Now though the noise is back! Don't know whether to leave it or get it fixed again

Pantomime Villain & Car Plan Ambassador Crombers's Avatar
    Car
    R50 Cooper & F55 SD
    Try pulling away or manouvering at 'quick' speed whilst turning the steering wheel = less noise

R50 Cooper ..... Mini Plant Oxford

19 years of MINIfascination

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Crombers View Post
    Try pulling away or manouvering at 'quick' speed whilst turning the steering wheel = less noise
    nope, tried that it just makes more noise...