1100 Miles Round trip this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    koolsville
    I'm off on an 1100 miles round trip in my MINI this weekend - me and the Mrs are off to Great Yarmouth for a break away from the kids.

This will be the furthest I taken the car since I bought it.

How do you find long journeys in the wee motor?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    we normally do a trip to MINI Mecca (aka Oxford) every year and it is about 800 mile round trip in 2 days and it's a breeze. It prob helps that we normally have about 20 MINI's round us to keep you entertained.

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by koolsville View Post
    I'm off on an 1100 miles round trip in my MINI this weekend - me and the Mrs are off to Great Yarmouth for a break away from the kids.

This will be the furthest I taken the car since I bought it.

How do you find long journeys in the wee motor?
    I did a monster trip round France in mine, was totally fine though you do need to pack light

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    I used to attend a lot of MINI2 runs and i always had to do a round trip of 1,000 miles not including the run itself.

The MINI is more than capable on a long run, no tiredness at all

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I've done Nottingham and back with no overnight stop and it was manageable. Got home without my legs having seized up or anything. As long as you take regualr breaks the mini is fine.
    I think it gets a bit monotonous and defo tiring when its on a daily basis. Yesterday I was at Bonnybridge, today Stirling, tomorrow north and east of Huntly. Friday's a dawdle out to Banchory. All these long road trips play havoc with the mph. Only got todays trip to Stirling via Arbroath out of a newly filled tank. Last two markers lit up when I got into Abz. Yesterday I got to Bonnybridge and a bit of a detour via the coast road home and then to Blairs but had only one bar left when I got home. I think I need to buy shares in an oil company!

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R53 heavy moded
    I have done loads of long trips in my mini and it's fine shoul be know prob just have to strech the old legs
    New sig coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    we normally do a trip to MINI Mecca (aka Oxford) every year and it is about 800 mile round trip in 2 days and it's a breeze. It prob helps that we normally have about 20 MINI's round us to keep you entertained.
    I do a similar journey every couple of months and the car's fine for long cruises, just chill out, sit back and play i-spy

Forbes
    I have put on near on 4000 miles this summer on my MINI runs this summer and never complained once. Unlike in Dads Freelander when I can't last till Glasgow.

Car
    R53 GP
    All will be well, I have done around 9k since June lol. England a few times and Edinburgh and the likes every other weekend, nice comfy little car to trek in. Furthest I have been is London, think it was a 1500 mile weekend as me and Ben were all over the place nosying about ha!
    Last edited by RyanK; 7th October 2009 at 10:40 PM.

Forbes
    And our backs were fine. Including a 12hour stint to Northampton, traffic couldn't have been worse.