MINISpares Chrome Sidevents

Resident old yin.
    I know some of you have the minispares shark gill chrome sidevents as I saw them on the border's run.

I bought a set on MINI2 and fitted them. However I'm not convinced they'll stay in place as they are not very secure and will easily pull off with just light pressure from the front with a finger nail.

Did any of you have the same problem? Any tips on fitting them securely?

I've tried to attach a pic of thembut not sure if it will work.

Thanks, KenL

[img]C:\kenny's pictures\sidevent.jpg[/img]

Banned
    Car
    GP 0878
    If thats the case then you have not fitted them properly.

I was going to take my sharkfins off to show someone but they are on so well I could not shift them.

Resident old yin.
    Thanks John, what could I be doing wrong then?

Do you need to push them backwards hard to clip the rear bit on before pushing the bit into the grommet?

I was worried about using too much force in case it bent something or broke the paint.

Ta.

Wul
    Ken - i havn't fitted a pair of these - but if you are still ahaving problems securing them, take them off and stick a very small blob of clear silicone/ mastic in an area not visible but which touches the mount and it should hold it securely but still allow removal.

Resident old yin.
    Thanks Wul. I had thought about this but didn't have any silicon to hand and wanted to check if I'd missed a trick.

Cheers, KenL

GAJ
    I noticed mine were loose as you describe Ken about a week after fitting them so I pushed the front of the vent really hard into the gromet while supporting the inside of the vent as I was worried about it snapping. Thay are now totally solid!

Wul
    Whats everyones opinion of these vents?

I think they would look smashin on my black coop - but then i think the standard vents in chrome would look ace too - can't decide but the standard/chrome combo is twice the price of the gill combo at present.

Now where did i put my credit card?

GAJ
    I personaly really like them but it's up to you - horses for courses!

Monsta Mo Mini
    I think Zoooom (John) has the new standard vents in chrome - don't know what he's charging for them though...