Winter Tyres!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    I actually switch the DTC off when Im driving in the snow as it makes it easier to pull away.

The Dogfather
    I switch it off to get started if its really tricky, but put it back on the moment I'm moving.

The Dogfather
    Craig, my tyres arrived this afternoon

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Craig, my tyres arrived this afternoon
    Boo. Not seen mine yet. :(

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Sav112 View Post
    Your wee car comes with,

“Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) for optimum traction, sophisticated suspension systems, four disc brakes and the latest ABS system, featuring Cornering Brake Control, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution and Brake Assist”

All the latest gismos must help over the older Specy

I missed DSC as standard by a month on my late 57 plate and it would be nice as the drive is on a hill and on the snow the Mini I have to take care, the brand new focus has traction control but not driven it on the snow yet.

Specy had quite a high spec including the DSC. Miss that wee light flashing most mornings hurling him onto Andie Dve before being crushed by muckle lorries. I've not made Dougall's light wink at me yet

15s might be an idea for winter. Cheap way to lower him too LOL

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

The Dogfather
    Sheilz, the wheel size is roughly the same regardless of the rim diameter as you have a larger tyre profile.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dogfather View Post
    Sheilz, the wheel size is roughly the same regardless of the rim diameter as you have a larger tyre profile.

Damn

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Some advice required from those who have "been there, done that".

We're really looking to drop the wheels on our blue MINI down to 17". Got a great price from a certain dealer sponsor for some R112's, so I'm pretty sure I'll be ordering them soon.

As for what rubber to put on them, I just don't know. I really want to stay with run flat tyres, so I know that limits our choices a wee bit. My local tyre place is suggesting Kumho KW17 Run flat winter tyres. Anyone used Kumho tyres before? I always thought of Kumho's as just one step up from cheap Kwik-Fit remoulds, but am I wrong in that?

The options we have are:

Kumho KW17

Pirelli 240 Snowsport

Bridgestone Blizzak

All opinions and assistance appreciated.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

I've had Kumho tyres (not runflats) seemed fine for my style of driving but I'm no tyre snob when It comes time to replace my Federals I'll be going back to Kumho.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I've had Kumho tyres (not runflats) seemed fine for my style of driving but I'm no tyre snob when It comes time to replace my Federals I'll be going back to Kumho.
    Cheers Fi. Certainly no tyre "snob" either. We prefer what feels right on the road. But with preferring run flats our options are limited. Good to hear feedback on the Kumho's though.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto