MPG Marathon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    want is the average for a R56S as iam close to buying another one?

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post
    your just trying to get out of that old farts motor john...

It all depends how you drive it... If I remember you like to drive your cars hard, so I would say on average you'll get mid to high 30's with motorway traffic. If your giving it the beans, you could get it down to low 30;s.

I managed mostly 40mpg all the time with my mixed driving.

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by illegalhunter View Post

I get 36 mpg over a month period but i don't do any motor way, or atleast very little in that time, like craig says I think if you fairly easy on the accelerator you'll easily get 38-42mpg, push it a bit and it's 33-36. What i would say is though even in a month where it gets driven, "energetically" still get 32-33, not bad i think. my mate just took delivery of a VXR8 (6.2 V8) and he gets 8-14mpg oouch!

Well not quite Craig but thinking of a change again, could just be a cooper D tho

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    I got good mileage on Sunday. Left Abz with car telling me I'd 105 miles to go before needing to fuel up. I drove to Lunan via the coast road and when I got there car told me I still had over 80 miles of driving to do, I think it was between 83 - 85. Was well impressed since the journey is over 42 miles. Was a bit embarrassing though driving like an old granny and being overtaken by the flat cap brigade. LOL
    I haven't a clue what that means in mileage but its the longest one bar on the petrol guage has ever lasted. I couldn't drive like that all the time though, would do my nut in.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

Sheliz what you getting from a tank full of fuel ?

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My average mileage thingy is now at 40.3. Slowly creeping up but no doubt will go down again after some trips to Bonnybridge, Stirling and possibly Lockerbie next week.

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    To be honest I'm not entirely sure. My average mileage thingy is now at 40.3. Slowly creeping up but no doubt will go down again after some trips to Bonnybridge, Stirling and possibly Lockerbie next week.
    I stay about 2 miles from B/Bridge and work in Stirling so I will keep an eye out for you and Dougall.

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    When I had my R56 s I was working for Borders Council and I used to drive down A roads everyday going through the local towns. I like to give some beans. From memory I think I got on average 42mpg.

With my R56 JCW I am just doing short journeys now and average 33mpg.

Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I stay about 2 miles from B/Bridge and work in Stirling so I will keep an eye out for you and Dougall.
    I never see anyone when I'm out and about. Have to do quite a few regular trips to BB and now also going to be adding LAW to my repertoire of places I've no choice but to go to. Just seem to get one lot of kids back into the area and the process starts all over again. Being paid to drive a mini though is not so bad is it