Black car - what to use

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Resident old yin.
    Is it a wax or sealant?

Is there any difference in the job they do other than a wax containing natural substances (e.g. carnauba wax)?

Quote Originally Posted by euan View Post
    So, order came this morning and I'm a bit excited. Will need to give my wives Polo (which is black) the clean of it's life tomorrow to try them all out!

I bought everything I put above, but instead of Dodo Juice/Colinite I'm going to try this stuff:

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/...oView_402.html

Will let you know how it goes.
    guys rave about this product over on detailing world.

You might consider adding the meguiars last touch product to your range as a drying aid gives you more lube when drying the car creating less swirls. Then a wee finish with FK425
    Cooper Coupe...

euan
    Quote Originally Posted by KenL View Post
    Is it a wax or sealant?

Is there any difference in the job they do other than a wax containing natural substances (e.g. carnauba wax)?
    It's a sealant, but I'm new to this so no real idea what the difference is! It's not natural, and apparently you don't get the depth you get with a wax, however it goes on a treat and the finish is pretty good.

I tried them out tonight on my wifes Polo and I forgot to take before shots, but these should give you an idea.

It had a wash with Duragloss 901, dried and then a layer of the black hole applied. Finally, I used the Finish Kare stuff - it's going to last years...

What do you reckon?

euan
    Dammit, just seen where I missed a bit!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    very nice.

Wheelspin Kid
    Car
    mini cooper red/white
    Looking well shiney

GCA3N
    good work