TheDoctor46 - Accident :(

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Are My Nuts Tight
    Car
    Dougall the Red
    Its shocking to think that a wee trip to the petrol station can have such awful consequences. Like everyone on here have no time for drunk drivers who deserve everything they get though usually its not enough . Hope you get your bonnie wee mini back in tip top condition and that last night doesn't spoil your pleasure in him/her when back to health.

I'm with DL. They do cover you for uninsured drivers with no impact on your premium. Have always found them to be efficient and prompt in keeping me up to date with whatever is happening.

Hope you're feeling better today.

Dear Lord, If you wont make me skinny, please make my friends fat-very Fat.

TheDoctor46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheilz View Post
    I'm with DL. They do cover you for uninsured drivers with no impact on your premium. Have always found them to be efficient and prompt in keeping me up to date with whatever is happening.

Hope you're feeling better today.
    Thanks Sheilz

Yeah, found DL very very helpful so far.
    Really glad about the protection i get from Uninsured Drivers having no impact on my premium!!!

Hope it's not to long before your car in back on the road. When I had my MG Metro it was written off on the main st in Callander with me inside of it.
    Cooper Coupe...

TheDoctor46
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    Hope it's not to long before your car in back on the road.
    Thanks, me too Scottie!!! Missing already!!!

GCA3N
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor46 View Post
    The police breathalised her, which she failed obviously and was then arrested i believe for taking the car without consent, Drunk Driving, no Insurance and leaving the scene of an accident!!!

She will get banned for 2 years and depending on criminal background probably at wortst 6 month suspended sentence. SH%T. You or I get caught doing 90 in a 70 we would also loose our licence for 12-18 months and get a substantial fine. I hate the criminal justice system it lets the crap of society get away with loads while your average jo gets made an example off. Rant over....well nearly

Worst of it is, her Lawyer, the one we pay for, will make a plea of not guilty so that it will go the day of the trial. Then on the day of the trial, whilst all the witnesses sit waiting for the tria,l there will be a plea bargain, most of the charges will be dropped and she'll walk away none the worse.

Banned
    Car
    R56 FJCW
    Absolutely gutted for you
    As Craig mentioned, you can do some mods, like the aero kit for instance which isn't that much more expensive than standard bumpers, you'd have to pay teh extra of course but if you were planning on doing it then now is the time.

Whatever you decide i hope it's all fixed quickly

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gismo Man View Post
    you can do some mods, like the aero kit for instance which isn't that much more expensive than standard bumpers
    Shouldn't be too much of a problem if it's your father-in-law that's doing it
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

TheDoctor46
    How much is the Aero Kit?

antihero3000
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Any news on if the car is salvageable?

TheDoctor46
    Quote Originally Posted by antihero3000 View Post
    Sounds like you had a lucky escape. Any news on if the car is salvageable?
    Yeah, looked alot worse than it is, fair bit of damage but its repairable. No damage to the engine etc etc. Also damage to the offside front suspension etc. Hopefully be repaired in no time!!!