Black Grill - R56 looylikey

baptie
    been looking at getting black grill kit, top and bottom for the front of the S.

How easy is it to fit the lower grill part?

GCA3N
    I put the the aero grille on my R50 cooper and the bottom section was a tad tricky. I think (and please correct me if i am wrong) the bumper on the pre face lift R50's were different and the aero grille was made for the facelift model. It basically means you have to cut the slots in the bumper to fit it. I used a small chisel and stanley knife, just take your time and you'll get there. Hope this helps.

baptie
    I read somewhere you need to cut lumps out of the bumper.
    How easy is it to remove the bumper, don't wanna buy if its a whore!

Just like the look of the black grill

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    dead easy to remove the bumper. Takes about 10 mins.

Screws along the bottom underside to seperate the drip tray. A couple more can be seen on the top edge when the bonnet is open and a couple under the wheel arches in the arch liners.
    Pull bumper forward then undo wires for side lights and the ambient temp sensor.

baptie
    Cheers Ian, sounds a scoosh.

GCA3N
    You really don't need to remove the bumper it is just a case of putting the grille up against the slot and mark off where you need to make additional holes. It is not difficult, tad tricky at worse.

baptie
    get payed on 15th, first purchase before the cash gets cold will be grill.

Ta muchy