easier access

Passenger side sill removed yikes

Repairs begin

Rear arch holed

repairing arch

Yikes more

Boot floor needing attention

Its coming along nicely
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

The Dogfather
    Man, I never realised just how bad classics were for rust.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah, I take my hat off to you. I wish I had the skills to tackle something like that. I know my "to be" father in law rebuilt a TVR S (there was no rust to deal with) but we'd love to get stuck into something like that! We talked about it briefly after fitting my spot lights, but decided we didn't have the time at the moment to do it!
    MINI F56 Cooper in Deep Blue with black roof and caps.

baptie
    Man, I never realised just how bad classics were for rust.
    The later you go the worst the metal, anything 95> the metal is crap.......I have a 98

Nice progress man, get stuck in

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I'll have to scan in my mates pic of his Classic (S plate) He started out not being able to weld, by the time he was finished he was like a professional. You done the rear Sub frame.

The old Mini's were really bad they just rusted to death and holes at the bottom of the windscreen. Ended up my mates car was more filler then metal.

Loved them all the same.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Rear subframe was replaced in 2007 according to the paperwork with the car but it will get dropped stripped and painted before going back on car
    2011 Mini CooperS COUNTRYMAN with CHILLI PACK in ROYAL GREY , 1998 Mini COOPERSPORT in BRITISH RACING GREEN

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Yeah seen that first hand....Hammeright painted black and put back on.

Bet you have six pairs of mole grips.

My mate has enough to build two cars, all the Windows etc and a cooper engine sitting.
    Last edited by Stewart; 3rd March 2010 at 10:19 PM.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Have loads of pics but will post most recent been so so busy on this GREAT FUN !!!!

One of the rear arches replaced and repaired

Rear floor welded up

primed n prepped

sill on now stripping of old underseal was needed

after two days of stripping and more welding drivers side floor complete almost

subframe dropped and another few days striiping old underseal back

both heel boards looked like this oops !!!

once welded up

rear getting prepped

rear valance welded up

And more

primed rear valance

painted rear of rear valance also refurb raduis arm

rear radius stripped refurbed and painted did hav a before pic somewhere too lol

Project taking longer than thought but with work commitments and camping hols its amazing how time flies