Stripping Diamondbrite

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Car
    F56 Cooper
    Your braver than me with the machine polish even if its just the G220. I’d love to have it part of my kit. I plan to go to one of the Detailing meets in Scotland to see it in action. Your man Volvic seems to know his stuff.

Can I ask did the G220 make a hell of a difference to the finish or did it just make it a quicker Job?
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    F56 JCW, R50 Cooper Pre Production, Aston Martin V8 Vantage N400
    You wont burn any paint with a G220. In fact with the mini paint being so hard it can be difficult to get a 100% correction with a G220 or PC etc.

I use a rotary but it has taken a long time to master. In fact im still learning other we bits about it.

Using a G220 type machine will make the paint look better as it will help remove the light defects.

Car
    F56 Cooper
    Cheers for the info.

So the G220 is safe with a bit of care. I got reading a few months before I bought the car on detailing World and before I knew it I had about £300 of stuff.
    Decided this year to use the stuff so next year might buy one. If I had garage and not just the drive I’d have bought one, but the neighbours think I’m overdoing as it is.
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by ianking View Post
    Fi

why would you machine dodo lime prime then machine a polish.
    It should be the other way about.
    Or for a car that has minimal swirls lime prime on the machine will be enough to fix it and will actually leave the paint ready for LSP.

couldn't remember if we then used the polish afterwards or not but Allan says no.
    Last edited by Scottie; 5th September 2009 at 03:10 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...