'Exploding' iPhones investigated

Car
    F56 Cooper
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8223005.stm

here just a heads up on the i-phone.

"Consumers in the UK, Holland and Sweden have reported similar problems, prompting an earlier EU investigation.
    Apple said it was aware of the reports and was waiting to receive the handsets from the affected customers.
    The firm has been accused of trying to hush-up cases of iPhones and iPods heating up or bursting into flames in the US and the UK.
    Ken Stanborough and his daughter, from Liverpool, have accused the firm of trying to silence them with a gagging order after the child's iPod exploded and the family sought a refund.
    Apple reportedly offered to pay the money to Mr Stanborough, but only if he kept the terms of the settlement confidential.
    It has been reported that the device's lithium ion batteries could be the source of the problem."
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    2007 R52 S "Sh**ey White" & 2016 Skoda Yeti "Daily"
    I might be looking for another option come March time then...

Car
    Mini R53 2005
    my 2G blew up on me when i was updating it, just lucky i caught it in time as i was making a cup of tea in the kitchen when it happened.

smoke was just coming out though

I notice my 3Gs gets really hot when charging or connected to the computer.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
    I notice my 3Gs gets really hot when charging or connected to the computer.
    My 3G get very hot when in heavy use and charging etc. But nothing as drastic as what David describes.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

Car
    F56 Cooper
    I was thinking along the lines of my mate, he has an I-phone and it sits all over the place in his house.....and he leaves it on charge at night every night as he says it needs it....

his wife is always getting on to him....he will leave there blooming big TV on all day even when they go out.......and his PC has not been off in about 3 years except for the odd reboot.........goes on Holiday with it up in his loft.........

I’m paranoid I switch everything off……..
    Mini as it was. As it is. As it always will be. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it's up to you to decide if it counts!

Car
    "Tweaked" Mini ONE
    We've had some 'issues' with lithium battery pack at the R/C car club since they came into being about a year ago The club had to implement a ruling that all lithium battery packs had to be charged inside a special pouch that is designed to contain any fall-out should it go bang A 7.2v lithium battery pack can make a bit of a mess of it explodes....trust me
    One guy was charging his in his kitchen when it exploded Luckily he wasn't there at the time, he had just stepped out, but it destroyed his microwave and left shards of plastic/metal in his ceiling....scary
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Edison

Mutley - May 2003 Chili Red 'One'

Single-handedly bankrupting eBay Ferengo's Avatar
    Car
    F56 JCW Cooper S
    Another one for Apple to chalk up. It wasn't so long ago it was happening with the macbooks. Apple products over the last 3 years have been pretty bad and they are really bad at admitting any blame upon themselves. I will not be buying another mac when this one gives up the ghost (It won't be long I can tell you).