iPhone email sync question

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Car
    R56 JCW Hatch, R60 JCW Countryman ALL4
    I've got my BTYahoo email account sync'd with my iPhone so all emails are copied to my iphone when my iphone checks for new emails.

But I can't seem to get it to check for new emails without me asking it to. I need to click the "mail" button bottom left for it to go into the mail app and check for new emails. It used to download emails itself without asking, but I discovered that was what was causing my web mail and outlook express to keep hanging and I was getting no-where with BT customer services. Instead of manually adding the pop details and adding the mail account I used the standard wizard for adding a Yahoo mail account and that has stopped the web mail and OE hanging - strange, but it's true. but now I have the problem that I can't get emails automatically sent to the phone.

Have I got a setting set wrong somewhere?

In Settings - Mail, Contact & Calendars; under "Fetch New Data" I have "Push" set to ON and Fetch is set to "Every 15 minutes". In "Advanced" I have that set to "Push" not fetch or manual.

A.

R60 Light White / Red Countryman All 4 John Cooper Works Auto
    R57 Chili Red Convertible John Cooper Works Auto

GCA3N
    strange, I was just about to say are you set to push.

Car
    Scottish Cooper Cup Car
    yeah i was gonna ask about "push" too!!! i'm confused andy... if you aint got it sorted next time I see you then we can go through my phone and yours and make sure the settings are identical?!

maybe try panting.
    Cooper Coupe...

SimonS
    Have you got a Googlemail account?

If you have, set it up in IMAP mode and you can then set it to go and fetch emails from your other accounts at regular intervals. The iPhone will then only need to check your googlemail for you to get everything.

when I was testing the Hero phone I forwarded my bt account to my googlemail account worked well.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonS View Post
    Have you got a Googlemail account?

If you have, set it up in IMAP mode and you can then set it to go and fetch emails from your other accounts at regular intervals. The iPhone will then only need to check your googlemail for you to get everything.
    Simon where's the benefit in that? I do have a googlemail account but don't really use it much. Will the yahoo account not just work the same?

A.

Car
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    yeah i was gonna ask about "push" too!!! i'm confused andy... if you aint got it sorted next time I see you then we can go through my phone and yours and make sure the settings are identical?!
    Hamish, are emails getting to your phone? What email provider do you use?

A.

are you getting mail from other accounts pushed? i.e. your googlemail account.

Have you done a restart recently.

Have you done a reset on the iPhone
    Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

Try deleting your yahoo account and set it up again.
    Last edited by Scottie; 26th August 2009 at 08:56 PM.
    Cooper Coupe...

Car
    Fi, I only just installed the yahoo account as I used to have it added manually using my own configuration settings and emails were being pushed instantly with no problems, but web mail and outlook Express were constantly "hanging" which was weird but deffo being caused by the iPhone being connected. So, I can delete the Yahoo account and re-instate it, but not sure what difference it will make.

I haven't added the Googlemail account but I will now and see how that works. I guess that will determine if it's an iPhone issue or a Yahoo issue.

A.